What a winter we’ve been having! Whether you’ve hunkered down and worked through the snowy season or escaped to sunnier climes, chances are you’re sensing the change in the air that comes from spring. Sure, it heralds tax time—and often an attendant business crunch—but it’s also a great time for new resolutions and practices. Why not get some ideas from one of the free webinars being offered this March? There are plenty to inspire and motivate you.
Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 11AM – 12PM PT: 6 Ways Every Learning Leader Should be Using Video (Free for ATD members)
Melissa is a rising star at your company. She’s been promoted five times in as many years, and is on track to join your leadership bench program. Unfortunately, she just gave her two weeks’ notice.
Capturing the knowledge of exiting employees is just one of the ways you could be using video but probably aren’t. This session will explore six examples of how companies are improving their learning strategies with video. It will also examine trends driving the use of video, and how you can tap them within your business.
In this webcast, you’ll learn:
- New ways to use video for formal and informal learning at all levels of the organization
- What technology shifts are making video more accessible to all employees
- How millennials’ learning experiences in college will accelerate the use of video within business
Thursday, March 2, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: Top Strategies for Assessing the ROI of Online Learning
If you’re in the process of adopting a learning management system, or switching to a new solution, there’s a good chance you need a clear way to prove the return on investment (ROI), and business impact of your technology. This webinar will help you assess how well the solution you’re considering aligns with your organization’s goals and requirements. Plus, you’ll discover how you can effectively measure the business impact of your LMS solution, and receive actionable tips to help you maximize the value from your LMS investment.
Attend the live webinar to learn how to:
- Measure the business impact and ROI of Learning Management Systems against face-to-face training, and online video training
- Identify features and functionality that will allow you to maximize your ROI
- Important factors to consider when selecting an LMS, beyond the cost
Thursday, March 2, 2017, 12PM – 1PM PT: First Things First: Getting Started with Kirkpatrick Training Evaluation
Are you being asked to create or deliver training that 'works,' meaning it provides measurable performance improvement and enhances organizational results? You are not alone. Ironically, evaluating training value is often an afterthought, considered only after training is complete.
Learn directly from Jim and Wendy Kirkpatrick, creators of the New World Kirkpatrick Model, how to start any training program right, so that value is built in and can effectively be demonstrated when it is complete. Even if you inherit existing training programs, you will find out how to incorporate small tactics that will make a big difference in creating training value.
Guest presenter, Donald Murphy, an attorney with the State of Indiana, will share how he has used these ideas to train public defenders to prepare for and succeed in their cases.
By participating in this program, you will discover how to:
- Increase on-the-job application of what is taught
- Maximize results from your training programs
- Implement a Blended Evaluation Plan to gather complete program data
Even if you cannot participate live, register for this content-packed program, and you will receive a recording of the event, as well as evaluation tools and samples to use in your work.
Monday, March 6, 2017, 5:30PM – 6:30PM PT: Enterprise Microlearning? How to Make It Work! (Chinese) (Free for ATD members)
Because it’s short, available, and easy to understand, microlearning could be applied to most learning activities in the workplace. This webcast will share some practices to increase employee engagement and performance by adopting microlearning-based approaches and techniques.
Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: Workforce 2020: The Future of Government (Free for ATD members)
It’s hard to believe that 2020 is just around the corner; but it should be top of mind if you’re thinking strategically about your talent. The future workforce isn’t only about the generations or millennials—it’s about the impact of technology, globalization, and the changing expectations of our employees at all ages. The workforce of tomorrow (and today!) expects to be hired, managed, compensated, and engaged much differently than they did even just ten years ago. This webinar will tackle these topics and more:
- An understanding of the needs/desires of the modern employee/workforce
- An understanding of how HR will serve the workforce of 2020
- Talent strategies for meeting the demands of the future workforce
Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 12PM – 1PM PT: Global Sales Enablement: How Mondelez International Delivers Just-In-Time Training to 20,000 Sales Partners (Free for ATD members)
This webcast will show you how Mondelez used a single-source, digital learning platform to securely store and distribute its training materials to partners around the globe with one click.
- How to overcome the challenges of effectively streamlining, managing, and tracking training content for sales partners
- How to enable “learning at the speed of search” for your sales team with a single-solution platform for e-learning content delivery
- Benefits of using a user-friendly platform to easily and securely distribute training content to internal and external sales reps around the globe
Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: State of Talent 2017: The Big Shift Puts Employees First
The BIG Shift: Moving Beyond Processes to Experiences
As HR leaders look ahead to 2017, attention is shifting. HR processes remain important, but a new emphasis has emerged on moving beyond activities to creating an employee journey that attracts, motivates, and connects to company results.
HR technology has typically been implemented and leveraged to streamline HR processes and save time. Although these areas remain important, new technology needs have emerged to create strong alignment between employees and business goals as well as engage the most important consumer, the employee.
This webinar distills a year's worth of original research into a highly informative 50 minutes, which you can take and use to develop new strategies for 2017 and beyond.
You’ll hear about the current state of:
- Talent Strategy
- Talent Technology
- The Employee Experience
- Talent Acquisition and the Candidate Experience
- Talent Development and the Employee Experience
- Analytics and Technology
- State of HR
- Top 5 Talent Trends for 2017
Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: Rock Your Workshops: A 5-Step Road Map for Creating and Leading Engaging Sessions
If you’ve been presenting workshops, training sessions, and presentations without a road map to guide you, then this webinar is for you.
If you want to establish a positive learning environment, increase the 'stickiness' of the training you provide, and boost the chances that your trainees will implement what they’re learning, then this webinar is for you, too.
This interactive webinar will offer you a five-step structure that will help you design and lead engaging sessions from short presentations to workshops and training sessions. As you gain insights, techniques, and strategies for effective training, you’ll quickly be able to recognize what you’re doing well and what needs to be improved in order to consistently create the most effective learning experiences for your participants.
By the end of this interactive session, you’ll be better able to:
- Plan a well-structured dynamic interactive training session or presentation
- Engage, encourage, and empower your participants
- Reduce presentation jitters and uncertainty, boost your long-term impact on participants, and take the guesswork out of planning and leading a workshop, talk, or training session
Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: Research Spotlight: Learning’s Big Data Problem: Measuring and Analyzing Impact
The wave of information known as Big Data has been growing exponentially in recent years, and organizations are hungrier than ever for more data. They collect data from systems all across the enterprise, certain that it holds to key to improving results. In the face of all this information, it’s critical that organizations get better at not only collecting more meaningful data, but also understanding what it all means.
Simply reporting course completions is no longer enough. Organizations need to capture data around how people are interacting with learning and the impact it’s having on their behaviour and performance. They also need to address their ability (or lack thereof) to analyze all this data and be able to answer substantive questions.
Discussion topics include:
- The metrics organizations are using
- The outcomes organizations are measuring
- How data is being analyzed
- Data analysis as a skill set
- How High Performers approach measurement and analytics
Thursday, March 9, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: How to Be a Better Hiring Manager (Free for ATD members)
Most hiring managers dread having to backfill a position or find new talent to grow their team. It can be time-consuming, frustrating, and costly. However, if managers follow some simple strategies before hiring, they can find the right people more quickly, easily, and cost-effectively.
Whether you train managers or are involved in the hiring process in an HR or management role, don’t miss this interactive webcast that will include tips on becoming a better hiring manager.
In this webcast, you’ll learn how to:
- Collaborate more effectively with the hiring team to attract top talent
- Get people excited about working for you and your company
- Ask the right interview questions based on what you need from job candidates
Thursday, March 9, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: How to Solve the Content Discovery Problem
We’re living in a paradoxical time. We’re simultaneously drowning in content and starving for relevant knowledge that can improve performance.
There’s a massive amount of brilliant content living within learning management systems, company intranets, document management systems, third-party courses, and the untold number of great resources available on the web. But it’s not curated, it’s not contextual, and it can be overwhelming.
Learning & Development leaders are under pressure to provide value and results, but remain at a loss for a single solution to act as a 'Netflix of learning.' David Wentworth, Principal Learning Analyst at Brandon Hall Group, will host the webinar on solving the content discovery problem with EdCast. This webinar will examine how leading organizations address this problem and how that relates to the future of corporate learning management.
Discussion topics include:
- The current content landscape
- Curation strategies
- Examples of how companies are getting it done
Friday, March 10, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: 19 Ways to Be a Bad Boss (Free for ATD members)
There’s a reason Hollywood produced a movie called Horrible Bosses. Listen in on conversations at a happy hour on any given Friday, and you will hear all about them: Bad bosses can be found at every level of management, and they often display the same characteristics.
During Kevin Sheridan’s leadership development workshops and keynote speeches, after teaching how important the manager-employee relationship is to improving employee engagement, he challenges participants to become someone’s “best boss.” He then explores the qualities of a best boss.
However, it’s just as valuable to consider the opposite. What traits do horrible bosses most often exhibit? This webcast will help you realize if you’re working for a bad boss, but also help you to determine whether you’re exhibiting any of these traits yourself.
This webcast will teach participants the key traits of being a great boss, in addition to providing actionable best practices for being a best boss to your direct reports.
Monday, March 13, 2017, 11AM – 12PM PT: Mentoring Programs That Work: How the AXLES Model Can Revolutionize Your Mentoring Program (Free for ATD members)
There are many ineffective mentoring programs that require large investments of time and money, without creating positive impact. These programs are not set up for success because talent development practitioners don’t have a tried-and-true process for developing sustainable, scalable, and effective mentoring programs—until now.
This webcast will share practical steps to building a mentoring program based on the industry’s only model for developing mentoring programs. You’ll learn how to create and maintain a world-class mentoring program that produces strategic results. Register now to discover how the AXLES model can revolutionize your mentoring program!
Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: The L&D Portfolio Management Model: Aligning L&D Value with Business Outcomes
L&D is increasingly being asked to demonstrate value to the business; however, many approaches are too academic to resonate with business leaders or are too resource-intensive to be applied to all but the most strategic, costly programs. Learn how CEB is evolving the field of Learning Analytics by applying a Portfolio Management approach to managing the learning asset catalogue.
By participating in this session, you will discover how to:
- Align L&D assets to business levers your C-suite already understands
- Leverage appropriate KPIs to communicate L&D’s contribution to critical business outcomes
- Implement a scalable data collection and reporting plan to appropriately track the performance across the catalogue; not just for specific programs, and not 'one size fits all'
Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 11AM – 12PM PT: 4 Generations: How to Make Learning Part of Your Brand (Free for ATD members)
People are a big expense—up to 70 percent of operating costs in many organizations. They are also your best investment, the reason for your organization’s success. Empowering your workers through ongoing growth opportunities and keeping them engaged is more vital than ever.
With multiple generations in the workforce with varying preferences, how do you show everyone in your organization you’re invested in them?
With presenters from each generation in the workforce, this webcast will explore:
- The importance of making learning part of your employer brand
- Why learning isn’t different for each generation
- Strategies for the most effective ways to engage your employees
Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 1PM – 2PM PT: Preparing for Compliance Changes Under a New Administration
Cliff Stevenson, principal analyst at Brandon Hall Group, and Kronos Director of Product Marketing Kristen Wylie will outline how your organization can build a stronger compliance strategy. You’ll get valuable information on:
- How your organization’s level of readiness compares to that of your peers amid changes in administration and policies
- Minimizing risk through technology and automation
- Finding your organization on the compliance climate matrix and learning real-world next steps
Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: Let’s Talk About Skills: 5 Reasons They Can Help Learning
Skills help with engaging learners and improving your understanding their overall abilities in relation to what you need them to know and be able to do. Aligning learning to skills and skills to jobs can give you a better picture of the health of your bench and insight into what to do next.
Join Dr. Allen Partridge in looking at skills in your organization and how this can apply to jobs, learning, engagement, reporting, and your LMS.
Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: Best of FocusOn Learning: Using Video for Learning
Today’s learners demand rich multimedia, and it’s becoming easier to deliver it to them. The challenge facing trainers is to have the skills to produce and edit video and to do so on a training budget, not a Hollywood budget.
Fortunately, the YouTube era has opened up new and exciting models for low-budget multimedia. This session will review stylistic tips and tricks used by the most popular YouTubers, online instructors, and social video participants for creating authentic, engaging, ultra-low-budget productions designed to match the media being consumed by learners on a daily basis in their YouTubing, Redditing, Pinteresting, and Facebooking.
In this session, you’ll learn:
- About the role of authenticity in learning media
- How today’s most popular YouTube and social video producers engage viewers with authenticity, not production value
- Tips and tricks used by producers everywhere to make their production processes manageable for ultra-low-budget productions
- From several 'best and worst' online videos used for training
Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: Selling Sales Training – What Gets Results?
With rapidly improving learning technology, targeted use of incentives, and focused measurement, companies are achieving real results with sales training programs. This webinar highlights experiences as well as research on technology, programs, and measures you need to succeed, and use examples from Brandon Hall Group’s extensive library of case studies.
Discussion topics include:
- The changing landscape of content, mobile learning, and web-based learning tools being used in successful sales training
- How learning delivery incentive and measurement strategies help sales teams use learning to make the sale
- How just-in-time learning is being used to drive greater impact
Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 12PM – 1PM PT: Strategic Micro-Learning: Making Training Initiatives Keep Pace with Rapid Workflow
How would it impact your business if your training strategies added immediate value, actually shortening learning time and raising productivity?
Several leading experts (Josh Bersin, Charles Jennings, George Siemens, etc.) projected and proposed that learning in smaller bites at the point of need—Micro-Learning—permeates boardroom conversations and investments. The time has come when business training can increase speed and reduce cost to keep pace with technological changes in operations, marketing, logistics, and other parts of the business.
In this webinar, you will obtain insights on two case examples where companies have shifted their instructional design and platform deliveries to successfully implement Micro-Learning strategies and methods.
- What prompted the companies to implement a strategic shift to implement Micro-Learning?
- What were the main challenges and opportunities?
- What immediate implementation brought substantial payback?
- What were the implementation plans?
- What were the successes, surprises and failures?
Attend this webinar to receive the white paper on Keep Pace: How Micro-Learning Strategies Help Learning Leaders Add Value to the Business.
Thursday, March 16, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: 12 Steps to Building a Successful Talent Development Business (Free for ATD members)
This webcast will be based on the presenter’s upcoming ATD book, The Complete Guide to Building and Growing a Talent Development Firm. He will first give a high-level overview of all 12 steps needed to establish a sustainably profitable talent development business, and then focus on the four or five in which the audience is most interested, determined through a polling process.
Before the webcast, consider which of the 12 steps you’d like to learn more about. The 12 steps are:
- Understand the industry dynamics.
- Figure out what you want and need.
- Define your purpose.
- Create a business plan and structure.
- Put together a strategic plan.
- Develop your offer.
- Establish your operating system.
- Market and sell your offer.
- Serve your customers.
- Recognize future trends.
- Establish your growth plan.
- Exit the business.
At the end of the webcast, you’ll not only be able to list the 12 steps, but also have gained insight into how to:
- Determine the business you want
- Set up your business for success
- Create a compelling offer
- Operate your business effectively
- Grow your business profitably
- Move forward with your next steps
- Ample time will be provided for questions and interactive dialogue
Thursday, March 16, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: Training Technology: Learn, Grow or Become Obsolete
Over the past 18 months, companies have started to invest more in their people through learning and development programs, and increasing investments are made by vendors in the marketplace with a focus on the LMS.
Why? To keep top talent today, companies need to make those investments. Technology is changing faster than ever, and the best employees, ones that continue to develop themselves, are being heavily recruited on social networks. The people and companies that stay ahead of the curve will continue to succeed. Those that don’t will become obsolete.
Join Tom Holz as he discusses trends from the analysts and experts in the field along with his thoughts on where the market is headed and how you can stay ahead.
Thursday, March 16, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: Successful Strategies to Ensure Internal Buy-In for Your LMS Project
Progressive companies of all shapes and sizes know it’s essential to implement the right learning management system (LMS) for employees and learners across the extended enterprise. Yet sometimes it can be challenging to communicate the business value of either a new solution or a first-time LMS implementation to internal stakeholders. But with the right knowledge and tools, it's far from impossible.
In this one-hour webinar Brandon Hall Group's Principal Analyst David Wentworth and Docebo CRO Alessio Artuffo will cover all the essentials of getting internal LMS buy-in, including:
- Approaching the change management conversation and how to overcome the internal resistance associated with either replacing an existing LMS or implementing an LMS for the first time
- Understanding lifecycle costs of existing systems and LMS implementations, and building the business case for adopting an LMS in terms of ROI
- Communicating the long-term value of investing in a eLearning solution
- Defining key productivity indicators to continuously measure the LMS project impact and results, and more
Thursday, March 16, 2017, 12PM – 1PM PT: How L&D Can Develop Leaders People Choose to Follow
One of the top issues companies are tackling today is the readiness of new leaders as they join the leadership ranks and contribute to the success of the organization. As leaders can significantly impact people’s performance, developing the kind of leader whom people are drawn to follow is crucial. For this to happen, leaders must understand how integrity, resiliency, and courage are critical to the leadership role and be willing to put aside their own insecurities to inspire the people they lead. Your role as a training and development professional is central to developing the quality of leaders your company needs.
In this webinar, we will help you sharpen your perspective on the critical skill set and mindset required of today’s leaders. We will share with you a framework to help you assess how you are addressing these two core leadership components in your development efforts.
Specifically, in this session, you will:
- Identify the critical attributes of character-based leadership
- Understand the source of leadership resiliency
- Review your development efforts against an integrated leadership framework
Friday, March 17, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: 5 Reality-Based Rules of the Workplace: Becoming a Highly Valued Employee (Free for ATD members)
Massive changes in how you track and measure outcomes, meet productivity and customer expectations, and cope with staffing issues, shrinking budgets, and new payer mixes can leave you gasping for air. A job you used to love becomes overwhelming; a job you never loved becomes intolerable.
Life’s too short to believe that suffering is now part of the working experience. Good news! This session will provide you with a revolutionary new look at your role in the workplace, and provide you with the tools to become a happy, top performer.
Become a highly credible, indispensable employee who delivers results no matter the circumstances; learn to adapt to change quickly and without drama. In this webcast, you’ll learn how to:
- Apply five reality-based competencies and five reality-based rules for the workplace to enhance your engagement and drive your results
- Gauge the employee value metric, a new self-assessment to help you measure and increase your own value at work
- Quantify and diminish drama—measured as emotional expensiveness—a key drain on you, and on your value to your employer
- Use strategies and takeaway tools to become a top talent in your organization
Monday, March 20, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: Becoming a Transformational Leader (Free for ATD members)
A transformational leader’s passion and purpose is to transform others. They are the most influential of the five types of leaders and are highly respected. In this webcast, Mack and Ria Story will share the qualities, values, and characteristics of a transformational leader, as well as steps to help you become a transformational leader. You’ll learn why it’s important to develop leadership skills, why leadership affects both professional results and personal life, and how intentional growth determines your leadership ability.
Monday, March 20, 2017, 6:30PM – 7:30PM PT: ATD 2017 International Conference & Exposition (Chinese) (Free for ATD members)
As a talent development professional, you're passionate about ensuring that your workforce is prepared to face the demands of today’s ever-changing business environment. The ATD 2017 International Conference & Exposition will provide you with the knowledge, strategies, and solutions you need to effectively attract, develop, and retain top talent. You’ll gain insights into the latest trends, best practices, and new solutions for designing, delivering, implementing, and measuring learning programs. ATD 2017 covers all industry subjects, and provides in-depth guidance for what you need to know now to be successful. Come away with an outlook of what the future holds, and be prepared to address new challenges.
ATD 2017 brings the talent development industry to life by gathering together the game changers, the individuals who are shaping the industry; the legends, those who defined best practices; and the practitioners, you—the lifeblood of this profession!
Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: Creating a Company Culture that Embraces Feedback
Organizations that don’t encourage feedback are setting themselves up for failure. A Gallup report states that managers who don’t provide feedback fail to engage 98 percent of employees. That’s not a typo—98 percent. And engagement is the key to employee productivity and retention. This is a talent issue that impacts the entire organization. But how does HR infuse feedback into their company culture? Join us for a practical conversation about creating a feedback culture.
This webinar will explore:
- Why feedback is a business issue
- How to introduce a feedback program into the organization
- Which metrics can be used to measure program success
Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 11AM – 12PM PT: Enhancing Performance at Work With Mindfulness (Free for ATD members)
We need tools to help us maintain focus, clarity, and calm at work. Mindfulness is an ancient technique that can help us be more effective, creative, collaborative, and kind. This webcast will share stories from working with companies like Accenture, Microsoft, and Lego to enhance performance with mindfulness. The webcast will look at the science and practice of mindfulness. It will include strategies for immediate application as well as tips on how to introduce mindfulness in your organization.
- Practical information regarding the nature of the mind and the nature of our attention
- Practical tools and techniques to integrate mindfulness into daily work-life
- Basic mindfulness training with specific workplace application
Thursday, March 23, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: Your Untapped Revenue Channel: Selling Training to Your Customers
A subscription-based training model can help to empower your customers with the knowledge and skills they need to get the most out of your product or service. Selling training to your customers is also a tremendous business opportunity that will help to improve the ROI from your LMS. But where do you start? What’s the best way to package this kind of training? How should you market subscription-based training to your customers?
In this live webinar with Docebo and Training Mag, you’ll learn how to:
- Meet increasing training demands by scaling your LMS with e-Commerce
- Develop a subscription-based training program
- Initiate a new, highly valuable revenue channel
Friday, March 24, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: The Psychology of 3Q High-Performance Methodology (Free for ATD members)
3Q, known as spiritual intelligence, is an innate dimension of intelligence to which everyone has access. It depends not on belief but on direct personal experience. As the intelligence of the true self, beyond the ego, 3Q has many benefits that exceed the scope of intellectual intelligence and emotional intelligence.
Freedom from ego grants wisdom and clarity of vision, combined with more empathy and compassion, which increases creativity and intuition, and results in greater personal fulfillment and better performance on critical life skills and work skills. 3Q intelligence, therefore, represents the most powerful resource for personal and professional growth and satisfaction.
In this webcast, you’ll:
- Learn about different dimensions of intelligence
- Use the power of neuroscience to activate a higher dimension of intelligence beyond ego
- Discover the basic operating system of human awareness., and learn how to upgrade your operating system
- Use a scientific methodology to realize your full potential in life and leadership
Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: The Workforce Is Learning Differently. What Does It Mean for the Digital CLO?
Organizational learning is always evolving, but it seems we’ve reached a point in time when it’s changing more rapidly than companies can keep up with. The changes are both dramatic and incremental, and coming from every direction. Simply changing what we do is not enough; we need to start changing who we are. Do today’s learning organizations and the people running them have the DNA to deliver the modern learning experience?
Join David Wentworth, Principal Learning Analyst with Brandon Hall Group, and Kelly Palmer, CLO with Degreed, as they look at how the necessary skills, roles and responsibilities within the learning function are nearly unrecognizable from just a few years ago. They will look at research and discuss trends, as well as highlight some organizations that have made, or are making, the change.
Discussion topics include:
- What is changing?
- The skills that will be necessary if not critical
- Shifting learning strategies
- The impact on learning budgets
- What companies should be doing
Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: Microlearning: 4 Effective Tips for Designing Powerful Experiences
A single microlearning event lasts only a few minutes, but that doesn’t guarantee those minutes were well-spent. You want to create learning experiences that really have an impact, no matter what the size. So, when you need to design for brevity and quality, where do you start? Find answers to that question in this 60-minute webinar.
After discussing how to determine whether microlearning is a good fit, the webinar will explore how compelling writing and a laser-focus on learners’ needs will help you make microlearning that packs a performance punch.
Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: Research Spotlight: The Three Most Important Things You Need to Know About Team Development
Team development is a critical component of talent, leadership, and learning development within all functions of an organization. With globalization, competitive market environments, product innovation, and dispersed workforces, highly productive teams are integral to the success of any organization. Though interest in developing teams is of critical importance to organizations, research finds that nearly 68 percent of organizations feel they are not investing enough time and budget for team development based on their results and only 9 percent of organizations have a long-term strategy to improve team development
What are the three most important things about Team Development? Join Brandon Hall Group’s Rachel Cooke, Chief Operating Officer and Principal HCM Analyst, and Michael Rochelle, Chief Strategy Officer and Principal HCM Analyst, as they explore the challenges and opportunities in today’s organizations and provide insights into how to create a high-performing team environment.
Areas to be covered:
- Strengthening teams to better support business initiatives and anticipated growth
- Engagement and continuous improvement
- Motivating teams to drive results in a unilateral direction
Thursday, March 30, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: 6 Disruptive Trends Redefining Virtual Learning
New technology has drastically changed the way we learn, and employers are incorporating it frequently to more effectively engage their learners and reduce the time and costs of training. In 2017, we’ll continue to see companies rapidly adopting new, innovative forms of learning.
Join this webinar to learn the top L&D trends to keep on your radar, including:
- Learning becomes a consumer-like user experience
- Gamification “crosses the chasm” as a training technique
- Millennials drive adoption of virtual onboarding
Thursday, March 30, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: New Associate's Credential From ATD (Free for ATD members)
Be among the first to know about the newest certification in the talent development field: the Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD). The ATD Certification Institute is launching this new certification to meet the needs of early-career professionals and those with a narrower focus in their talent development work.
This session will include:
- An overview of the APTD program and how it can help professionals distinguish themselves from their peers
- How APTD serves as a stepping stone to the profession’s premier credential, the CPLP
- The core competencies of talent development covered by APTD, based on the ATD Competency Model
- Timing of the first administration of the APTD exam
Friday, March 31, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: Finding and Working With a Mentor (ATD member/subscriber content)
If you're like many professionals, you’ve heard that you need a mentor. But if your organization doesn't have a formal program, what can you do? If your organization does have a program, how can you make sure you're taking full advantage of the opportunity? Join this members-only Ask-a-Coach session with Jenn Labin, author of Mentoring Programs That Work, for an interactive discussion on mentoring from a mentee's point of view.