There’s nothing like a month of sunshine to rev up our engines. (But a month of smoky air is another story—let’s have some more rain please!) But sunny weather isn’t the only thing that can give us energy. New learning helps too, and September is full of free webinars that can add to your knowledge stores!
Tuesday, September 4, 2018, 9AM – 10AM PT: Content Authoring Strategies That Save Enterprises Both Time and Money
Without the ability for managers to personally check in with every single employee, global enterprises need compelling eLearning so that dispersed workforces can meet their training requirements. The key to learning success in these instances, though, is getting this high-quality material to trainees as quickly as possible.
Businesses should always look for an easy-to-use toolkit that facilitates rapid creation and distribution of eLearning at scale.
So, how exactly can an authoring tool save organizations both time and money? Join gomo’s Managing Director, Mike Alcock, to discover:
- The many advantages of creating and distributing eLearning in the cloud.
- How to eliminate maintenance costs of the solutions you’re using.
- How you can create more engaging, fully responsive content in no extra time.
Tuesday, September 4, 2018, 11AM – 12PM PT: Create a Culture of Next-Gen Learning in the Workplace
With the multitude of different technologies, tools, and strategies that are available for structuring and enhancing your professional education programs, it’s becoming increasingly important to stay aware of the technologies and trends driving the evolution of workplace learning.
Open-source learning platforms like Moodle and Totara make it incredibly easy to integrate innovative eLearning tools and strategies—including gamified content, badges, certificates, and best-of-breed content—that enhance the learning experience while providing learners with incentives to continuously develop their skillset.
During the session, you will learn:
- About the latest eLearning trends, tools, and strategies to consider when building an engaging and future-proofed training program.
- How open-source platforms can be optimized to inspire a culture of learning in the workplace that aligns with business objectives.
- How open-source Moodle and Totara offer the flexibility, scale, and functionality to provide a scalable and interoperable learning platform.
Please note: This webinar is a must-attend by those who are...
- Evaluating their next learning platform and/or interested in the latest eLearning trends and strategies.
- Looking to update their existing knowledge of the Moodle & Totara Learning Management Systems.
- Have an interest in learning about different LMS/training platform options, especially open-source solutions.
Tuesday, September 4, 2018, 11AM – 12PM PT: Using Simulations to Bridge the Gap Between Intention and Action (Free for ATD members)
A well-executed business simulation is designed to create aha moments, where knowledge and understanding translate to a change in behaviour.
Each year, organizations spend billions on training, while thousands of professional courses are administered, and hundreds of business books are published. Arguably, these resources can teach us the skills we need to improve the way we operate and the way companies do business. But all of that leaves us asking ourselves, “If we have the knowledge we need, why don’t we act on it? If we’re so well-trained and informed, why aren’t we more effective?” In this respect, there is often a “knowing-doing” gap to be filled.
This webcast will explore how simulations can be used as an effective tool to bridge this gap and the benefits they can bring to learning and development within organizations. Using an MHS Assessments business simulation, Paper Planes Inc., the webcast will also examine elements of a live simulation in action.
Drawing on her own experience of working with organizations and teams, presenter Tanya Sheehan will provide insights that will help you understand how simulation activities can be a valuable addition to any learning and development toolkit.
Wednesday, September 5, 2018, 8AM – 9AM PT: TMN Product Demo Series: Adobe Captivate – Responsive eLearning Authoring Explained in 20 mins
In this demo you will see all that’s new in Adobe Captivate and learn how to create responsive eLearning courses, responsive simulations, and interactions.
This demo will cover:
- How to create a responsive course using Adobe Captivate.
- How to add Fluid Boxes to the slides.
- How to record simulations.
- How to add quiz questions.
- Buying programs and support options.
- How to get help and questions answered from the Adobe eLearning Community.
Wednesday, September 5, 2018, 9AM – 10AM PT: Learning Evaluation: How to Get the Most out of Your Training Programs Simply and Effectively
Whether it’s to inform, teach, improve, change or a combination of these factors, training should have a purpose. But how can you be sure you’ve done what you set out to do? Good training evaluation techniques identify and measure what learning has occurred during and after learning, whether job performance improvements have been realized, and most importantly, how organizations can get the best training value for their money and efforts.
Hosted by Paula Yunker, with 35+ years of instructional design experience and a Kirkpatrick Certified Professional, Bronze level—this webinar will explore why learning evaluation is an important component of any training program and how you can measure the application of learning beyond the learning event itself. We’ll discuss how to implement learning evaluation that’s practical and provides value but doesn’t have to be complicated, time-consuming or expensive. Paula will also share her favourite learning evaluation resources!
Join this live event on September 5th and learn:
- What learning evaluation is and why it‘s so important.
- Typical challenges implementing evaluation in an organization.
- Practical strategies for implementing learning evaluation successfully.
- Where to find learning evaluation resources.
Wednesday, September 5, 2018, 10AM – 11AM PT: Engaging Learners with Video: Passive and Active Engagement Strategies
What does engagement look like? How do creators build engagement into their videos? This session will look at two types of engagement strategies: passive and active.
During this session, you’ll review what passive and active engagement are, and you’ll explore multiple engagement strategies and their impact on video outcomes. Both sets of strategies are important and will allow the content creators to impact outcomes. You’ll also learn why and when you can use these strategies for the greatest impact, and other tips to make impactful videos. Examples will be provided.
In this session, you'll learn:
- Strategies to create more engaging videos, using both passive and active engagement techniques.
- How to draw from a variety of engagement ideas to enhance the videos you create to foster better outcomes.
- How to make videos more interactive to enhance engagement.
- How to overcome some of the obstacles to engagement.
Wednesday, September 5, 2018, 10AM – 11AM PT: Revealing Your Organization’s True EVP and Winning at Candidate Experience
Does your organization reveal the true nature of its culture and employment experience to candidates? If not, you’re likely missing out on attracting quality talent that fits your company’s needs. Every Employee Value Proposition (EVP) is unique, and only through transparency will you be successful in meeting your talent needs.
But hiring quality talent is not just about authentic messaging. It’s also about delivering a rich candidate experience that ensures those high-quality applicants complete the hiring process and become engaged, productive employees.
Join Daria Friedman, Talent Acquisition Principal Analyst at Brandon Hall Group, and Chris Winkler, Product Marketing Manager at Glassdoor, as they discuss key findings from Brandon Hall Group’s 2018 Candidate Experience Study and how organizations can improve their candidate experience to hire the best people.
- Key challenges for managing the candidate experience.
- How to surmount challenges and win at candidate experience.
- Technology that helps manage public perceptions of your EVP.
- Impact of candidate experience on making quality hires and boosting business.
Wednesday, September 5, 2018, 11AM – 12PM PT: Transforming Workplace Culture with Coaching and Heart (Free for ATD members)
In this webcast, hear the inspiring story of how a coaching and leadership culture was created at the Automotive Fuel Cell Cooperation Corp. (AFCC), a 2017 International Prism Award winner. Learn how a solid foundation for coaching was established and how the program grew and was scaled up for company-wide adoption, experiencing many challenges and successes along the way.
Three months after winning the International Prism Award, it was announced that AFCC would be closing. Reza Rahmani and Glenn St. Onge will discuss the final chapter of this powerful story, and how coaching was leveraged to support the AFCC team as the company shut its doors.
After this webcast, you will have a clearer idea of what developing a coaching culture entails and how coaching can be used to inspire and engage employees through both good and challenging times.
In this webcast, you will:
- Understand how to create an internal coaching program.
- Learn how to scale up and grow an award-winning coaching program in your organization.
- Understand how leadership development and coaching can help shift an organization’s leadership culture.
- Learn more about the ROI of coaching.
Wednesday, September 5, 2018, 12PM – 1PM PT: eLearning Accessibility: How Changing Section 508 Laws Can Impact Your Design
If you provide learning technologies or services to a federal agency or even use Section 508 as your organization’s guidelines for accessibility, you’ll need to ensure your eLearning and other digital content meets the updated standards. But do you know what those new standards are and how to best design for them?
The law is moving from U.S.–based standards created over a decade ago to the more universally accepted WCAG standards. Much of the new and old standards are similar, but there are specific differences. Will this mean a lot of new work for you and your team? Maybe; maybe not. Many of the new guidelines revolve around good design and things you might already be doing anyway. But others may involve a new approach.
In this session, you’ll find out more about the Section 508 refresh and what these changes mean when it comes to successfully creating accessible content that adheres to the law. You’ll learn how these changes may impact the way you currently design for accessibility and discover what guidelines, tools, and resources you can use to develop and test your web-based content to make sure it meets these standards. You’ll also look at specific examples of accessible courses built with Storyline, Lectora, and Captivate.
After this session, you will be able to:
- Identify new requirements in the updated standards that might change how you design or build your courses.
- Plan for the additional design and technical requirements.
- Determine if your current approach to design and development needs to change.
- Find additional resources to learn more.
Thursday, September 6, 2018, 8AM – 9AM PT: What’s New in Adobe Captivate (2019 Release)
The 2019 release of Adobe Captivate empowers you to create all kinds of fully responsive eLearning courses and virtual reality projects.
Join Dr. Pooja Jaisingh to learn all about the brand-new features and enhancements in Adobe Captivate (2019 release). During this session, you will learn how to create virtual reality courses, 360-degree slides, interactive videos, webcam + screen recording, and more. You will also learn about the productivity enhancements in the responsive eLearning workflow and the options for automatic and live device previews.
Thursday, September 6, 2018, 9AM – 10AM PT: Agile Onboarding: Measuring What Matters (Free for ATD members)
Onboarding is a top challenge for many sales enablement professionals. Sometimes, it’s simply trial and error. In other cases, it’s a week-long “drink from the firehose” program where reps leave no better prepared to sell than when they started. A new approach to onboarding is needed to accelerate reps’ time to productivity and better prepare them for the critical interactions ahead. Join Brainshark for this introduction to an agile sales onboarding methodology.
In this webcast, you will:
- Understand how accelerating time to productivity means accelerating time to activity.
- Learn the Brainshark Agile Onboarding methodology and how to implement it at your organization.
- Understand how to leverage technology to manage the onboarding process and measure what matters.
Thursday, September 6, 2018, 11AM – 12PM PT: Why Sales Reps Want Sales Coaching
The fundamental reason is obviously to earn more money, but like anything, people do have an inner desire to truly improve. The reason sales reps want sales coaching is most salespeople don't like to be managed, and sales coaching is about positioning a salesperson to not only have success, but to participate in truly improving their ability and career. Sales management alone cannot achieve this.
During this webcast, the facilitators will discuss five fundamental reasons of why Sales Reps want sales coaching, specifically to where they personally benefit.
- Why sales coaching can make forecast meetings beneficial.
- How sales coaching can help sales reps overcome today’s greatest prospecting challenge.
- How sales coaching can help sales reps overcome today’s challenging price-related objections using a specific coaching approach.
- Why sales people will ask for coaching if you do one specific thing as a sales leader.
- And much, much more.
Friday, September 7, 2018, 10:00AM – 11:00AM PT: Who’s Got the Ball? Effective Delegation Increases Capacity (Free for ATD members)
Delegation is a delicate balance between developing the team member and being responsible for successful outcomes. There are six levels of delegation, and how well you delegate determines your capacity. If you can delegate effectively, you will increase your capacity, develop a team member, and allow them to carry some of the load. If you delegate ineffectively, you will decrease your capacity, disengage a team member, and pick up some of their load.
In this webcast, you will learn:
- The six levels of delegation.
- How to apply the right level of delegation.
- Coaching questions for effective delegation.
Thursday, September 11, 2018, 11AM – 12PM PT: Driving Productivity on the Factory Floor With Continuous Learning (Free for ATD members)
Traditional approaches to training are not well suited to the realities of the factory floor. Despite tremendous progress in philosophy, format, and systems, the majority of manufacturing training hasn’t changed in decades. According to a recent Industry Week survey, 72 per cent of manufacturing companies still rely on shadowing as their primary method of training.
The good news is, a confluence of perfect conditions is happening now, from technology maturity to demographic shifts, that makes it the perfect time to adopt always-on, digital learning for your factory workers.
Join this 60-minute webcast in which you will learn:
- Best practices for training factory workers.
- Tips for managing workforce skills.
- How to get production and operations excited about training.
- How to capture, share, and apply knowledge in the flow of work.
Wednesday, September 12, 2018, 8AM – 9AM PT: 2019 Preview: What’s New in Adobe Captivate (2019 Release)
The 2019 release of Adobe Captivate empowers you to create all kinds of fully responsive eLearning courses and virtual reality projects.
Join Dr. Pooja Jaisingh to learn all about the brand-new features and enhancements in Adobe Captivate (2019 release). During this session, you will learn how to create virtual reality courses, 360-degree slides, interactive videos, simultaneous webcam + screen recording, and more. You will also learn about the productivity enhancements in the responsive eLearning workflow and the options for automatic and live device previews.
Wednesday, September 12, 2018, 11AM – 12PM PT: Build Your Own Video Studio and Create Memorable Content That Moves (Free for ATD members)
Video drives engagement and lures attention away from everyday distractions. Learn how to get started creating your own video content and how to immediately scale those efforts. This webcast will walk you through different options for lighting, cameras, and recording audio—from DIY to mid-range and larger budget setups—then cover the basics of creating quality video content, from concept through scripting, storyboarding, and sound, whether you’re starting from scratch or using existing material.
In this session, you’ll learn:
- How to build an in-house video team/setup—even if it’s a team of one.
- The ins and outs of video production equipment, staffing, the production process, and audio recording.
- How to boil your subject matter down and reimagine your content as video.
- How to use the power of dynamic visual elements, sound effects, and music to captivate your audience and drive your message home.
Wednesday, September 12, 2018, 12PM – 1PM PT: OK, So You Want a Boost in Your Career and to Make More Money. What Do You Do Now?
We interviewed different types of workers and trainers to learn about how they stay excited, inspired, valued and well compensated in their jobs and careers. The common theme is that “I must manage my own path.” For many others, they falter in their jobs and careers because they haven’t figured how to boost their careers.
Whether you are a trainer, learning specialist or team member, attend the webinar to learn consistent methods, principles, and practices that make a difference in your career and income.
- What’s stopping you from claiming a big share of the “success pie?”
- What are the new findings about what work and careers mean to professionals?
- What is the cause of the “death of the professions?”
- How do you differentiate yourself from others?
- What are “small and yet big-impact” skills and talents you can develop?
- How do you become an in-house and go-to expert in an area you love and are passionate about?
- What are the “tricks” to accelerate your promotions or be ready for the next job?
Thursday, September 13, 2018, 9AM – 10AM PT: A Masterclass in PowerPoint Design to Make Beautiful and Effective Presentations
Slide design is something of an art, and there are a lot of elements to think about when designing your slides: colours, fonts, animations, transitions, photos, templates and masters. But don’t be overwhelmed! This guide to design is here to help.
This masterclass teaches you how to create content, format objects easily, set consistent styles, and apply images. It also explores layout, ways to communicate with design, and opportunities to go beyond the slide. You’ll see many examples of visual communication that you never thought possible in PowerPoint and learn how you can create beautiful and impressive presentations yourself.
Thursday, September 13, 2018, 11AM – 12PM PT: High-Performing Sales Teams Start with High-Performing Managers
If you improve a salesperson, you improve one person. If you improve a sales manager, you improve the entire team. But, for most managers, self-awareness of their skill gaps is not an easy thing.
Many sales managers come along with common skill gaps, most commonly...
- Lack of people skills.
- Failing to continuously develop their management skills.
- And the inability to adapt their communication style to each rep.
These can lead to a negative sales culture, turnover of high performers, lack of sales skill development, and poor engagement and depressed sales.
This webinar will touch on identifying and improving upon manager skill gaps, including using QuickCoaching—which applies the principles of adaptive learning and micro-learning to sharpen skills. This helps managers improve every member of the sales team, leading to increased revenue.
Thursday, September 13, 2018, 11AM – 12PM PT: Top 5 Mistakes You’re Making in Compliance Training—and How to Fix Them (Free for ATD members)
Compliance training often feels like a black hole for the learner. They listen to the training material because they have to, click through to complete the courses, check that box, and move on. But there is a better way—many ways in fact! In this 30-minute webcast, you will discover the top five mistakes you are making in developing and delivering your compliance training and how to rectify them. Transform your learner into an engaged, focused, and readily compliant worker.
Friday, September 14, 2018, 8AM – 9AM PT: Mentor Programs That Retain and Engage Employees
Retaining and engaging employees are two goals that every organization is striving to achieve. Studies have shown that having engaged employees can drastically improve your bottom line, and a high level of retention is a key indicator that your company is filled with satisfied employees.
Although most organizations are striving for increased retention and engagement, that doesn't mean it can be achieved quickly. Engagement and retention increase when company culture is improved, and having opportunities to develop your employees plays a big part in creating a strong culture. One strategic way to develop employees is through mentor programs. Many leaders like the idea of a mentor program but aren’t sure how to make it successful.
If that’s you, join Libby Powers as she discusses how to build a strong mentor program that will help you achieve your goals of increasing employee retention and engagement.
During this webinar you will learn:
- Key attributes needed for a strong mentor program.
- A step-by-step process on how to build your mentor program.
- How mentor programs can help increase employee engagement and retention.
Friday, September 14, 2018, 10AM – 11AM PT: Mediation Training: How to Make Communication Better for Healthcare Professionals (Free for ATD members)
The daily pressure is palpable: Caregivers have to deal with emergencies, matters of life and death, long hours, irregular schedules, changing processes, multiple agencies, stringent rules and regulations, and seemingly ever-tighter budgets.
These professionals may have an urgent need to talk about a difference of opinion, give feedback, or discuss any undercurrents, but they just don’t have the time, or the opportunity, to do so at the end of a long shift. Plus, there are additional factors in the healthcare arena that can make it even more difficult to create the open environment needed to make these uncomfortable conversations effective and productive.
Mediation training will show you how to recognize and practise for those cases when you need to address conflicts in your working environment. Learn how you can apply these and other mediation skills to benefit your team.
In this webcast, you will learn:
- The stages of conflict and when to intervene.
- To recognize conflict styles and when they are effective and ineffective.
- Techniques that help in managing conflicts.
- To uncover the underlying root of conflicts.
This webcast will prepare you to facilitate a conversation with conflicting colleagues and get people talking about what really matters so that worthwhile solutions can be achieved.
Monday, September 17, 2018, 8AM – 9AM PT: How Expectations and Dialogue Support Improved Outcomes in the Interviewing Process (Free for ATD members)
Tamara Furman will share some highlights of what you can do during an interview (whether you are hiring or trying to get hired) to ensure a more successful outcome. Interviews are your opportunity to connect with another person and imagine yourself working with them day in and day out. The connection window is typically very small, so how do you best capitalize on that precious time? To improve our interviewing outcomes, you need to know yourself on a deeper level. Knowing yourself and utilizing that knowledge allows you a stronger possibility of ensuring the best fit for everyone involved.
In this webcast, you will:
- Understand how to determine your expectations prior to stepping into the interview process.
- Learn how the expectations of the interviewer and interviewee can support an improved interview outcome.
- Understand how impactful your inner and outer dialogue are to interviewing success.
Tuesday, September 18, 2018, 9AM – 10AM PT: Becky Pike Pluth’s 7 New PowerPoint Tips for Every Training Need
Say goodbye to puttering and putzing around with PowerPoint. Instead, discover shortcuts to design slides that meet almost any training need. You’ll not only be able to design PowerPoint FAST, you’ll also add a higher degree of polish to your deck when you stick to a repeatable process. Discover how to create perfect slides to open discussions, bring people back from breaks, cut through too much content, and … watch live or download the webinar for all seven tips!
In this webinar, you will:
- Discover seven incredible design tips to meet nearly every training need.
- Identify how to best match slide design with content.
- Learn three shortcuts to work FAST in PowerPoint.
- Take away The Bob Pike Group’s most requested PowerPoint tool.
Tuesday, September 18, 2018, 10AM – 11AM PT: Talent Development for the Modern Workforce
Employees of all generations have made it clear: they want to be developed. They want to be empowered and to realize their natural potential for becoming “leaders at all levels.” How do we build talent development or training programs that meet the needs of a modern, multi-generational workforce? How do we align our talent development programs with our business goals of recruiting and retaining top talent?
Join David Wentworth, Principal Analyst with Brandon Hall Group, and Michele Markey, Vice President of Training for SkillPath, as they discuss the needs of the modern learner and how technology is allowing us to meet those needs.
Discussion topics include:
- The needs of the modern workforce.
- Continuous learning.
- Personalized learning.
- The alignment of learning and talent strategies.
Tuesday, September 18, 2018, 10:30AM – 11:30AM PT: Counting What Counts: Learning Evaluation and ROI (Free for IPL members)
Over the past three decades learning evaluation has been synonymous with Dr. Donald Kirkpatrick’s four Levels of Evaluation (Reaction, Learning, Behavioural Change and Organizational Performance) and Dr. Jack Philips’s Return on Investment (ROI) model. Although evaluation is a top priority among learning and development professionals, calculating the impact and ROI is rarely done. And most of those that do track ROI rarely go beyond participants’ feedback (smiley sheets). There are multiple challenges with current models. These include: (a) difficulty in assessing the effectiveness of learning especially when dealing with soft skills such as decision making, innovation, collaboration, etc.; (b) difficulty in assigning hard dollar value to such skills; (c) difficulty in finding the time needed to follow up after program delivery; and so forth.
Perhaps it’s time to think outside the box and consider other venues for assessing the value of training—after all, as Albert Einstein once noted, “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”
This webinar will present a holistic approach for maximizing the impact and efficiency of all training courses/activities (versus a single course/program) for the organization—by aligning training with clients’ missions/goals and operational requirements. Moreover the approach is based on simple, effective and proven instructional design techniques that are easy to undertake; and clearly communicates the value of training.
Tuesday, September 18, 2018, 11AM – 12PM PT: 5 Novel Ways to Use Video for Employee Training (Free for ATD members)
As companies stare down the challenges of ever-increasing compliance regulations, unpredictable turnover, and growing cultural and learning style changes among employees, businesses are looking for new ways to scale and support their training efforts.
More and more, they’re finding that help in video. Adaptable to both formal and informal learning needs, video can help instructors increase training quality, speed, and effectiveness—all while significantly lowering program costs.
But of course, you don’t need to be told that video is a great tool for training. Today’s L&D pros have already seen the potential value that technology can offer in the modern training environment. Their real challenge? Convincing their organizations to do more.
In this webcast, we’ll go beyond the basic applications for video in employee training and explore five new and exciting ideas you can take back to your own organization for using video to improve the reach and effectiveness of your training, support social learning, improve productivity, and more.
In this webcast, you will learn:
- How to use video to improve reach and effectiveness of training efforts.
- Ways to convince organizational leaders more can be done with video.
- Easy-to-implement video tactics that can have a big payoff.
Wednesday, September 19, 2018, 6AM – 7AM PT: Tackle Digital Transformation with Online Learning: Hear About New Research and Real-World Experiences (Free for ATD members)
Employees are already using online learning on their own to expand their skills. Forward-looking companies are starting to harness this scalable approach with cutting-edge content to gain competitive advantage.
In this webcast, Dr. Monika Hamori will share her research, while Coursera shares what EMEA customers are doing to drive digital transformation.
- Why employees pursue online learning.
- How employers can deploy online learning for talent development.
- How companies are upskilling employees through Coursera.
This is scheduled so that EMEA members can attend live.
Wednesday, September 19, 2018, 8AM – 9AM PT: TMN Product Demo Series Adobe Captivate – Creating Interactive eLearning Using VR and 360° Assets
In this product demonstration, you will see how to create interactive virtual reality based training using Adobe Captivate (2019 release). You will learn how to import 360° media assets and add hotspots, quizzes and other interactive elements to engage your learners with near real-life scenarios.
This demo will cover:
- Adding 360° images and videos to VR courses.
- Adding hotspots and quiz questions to VR courses.
- Creating guided and exploratory VR experiences.
- Using the live device preview option for VR courses to preview the course on VR devices.
- Publishing the VR project.
- Adding 360° slides to other course types.
Wednesday, September 19, 2018, 12PM – 1PM PT: Articulate Storyline 360: Learn Advanced Game Interactions with Built-In Features
Games have always been great for elearning. Sometimes we design custom games to fit our organization’s culture or specific business need. Other times we reimagine classic games and redesign them for learning interactions or even full elearning courses. Designing a custom game takes a lot of time and effort and those projects are usually rare. If you’re interested in developing a game in Articulate Storyline but are overwhelmed as to where to start, this session will ease your anxiety by exploring the fundamental building blocks of Storyline and how we can leverage them for interactive gameplay.
At the end of this session, learners will:
- Leverage the fundamental building blocks in Articulate Storyline 360.
- Learn how and where to look for patterns of gameplay in preparation for development.
- Learn about conditional programming using variables and triggers.
- Learn the importance of planning a game project as a template for future repurposing.
Thursday, September 20, 2018, 9AM – 10AM PT: Beyond the Flipped Classroom: Converting Live Training to Blended On-Demand Video Learning
With hyper-busy schedules and information overload, it’s critical for training professionals to find innovative ways to maximize the impact of corporate learning initiatives. On-demand video learning programs provide a flexible training platform for your employees and empower them to learn on their own time. When combined with interactive content, they can also effectively transform expensive live training into accessible and high-performing training assets.
In this webinar, Catalyze Associates' Kirstin Lynde will take you through her re-invention journey using the most current video learning tools, and how her creative use of interactive video assessments help make interpersonal aspects of her leadership program more targeted and effective. She'll also reveal how she's bringing these new insights to breakthrough platforms like Harvard Business School's HBX.
You'll discover how to:
- Map a live group program onto a 1:1 blended "Just-In-Time" learning experience.
- Use state-of-the-art interactive video tools to easily create and deliver online learning assets.
- Harvest online question responses to energize one-on-one and group sessions in online programs.
- Use online resources to reinforce accountability in a blended learning program.
Join this session to learn techniques and tips for how to transform live training sessions into engaging, on-demand learning programs.
Thursday, September 20, 2018, 9AM – 10AM PT: Why Guys Should Lead "Like a Girl" (Free for ATD members)
Some guys may get instinctively defensive when the phrase “like a girl” is tossed at them, but it’s time for them to embrace it, and actually welcome it, if they want to be an effective leader. Inspired by the #LikeAGirl campaign, Michael and Katie Stallard contend that being told you lead “like a girl” should be considered a compliment.
This webcast reviews recent research and offers a fresh perspective on why women have superior leadership skills and what men can do to improve. Michael grew up in a male-dominated machismo culture in an industrial town in the Midwest and worked in the male-dominated culture of Wall Street before marrying Katie and becoming the father of daughters. Through humorous and heartwarming stories, Michael shares what he learned from Katie and their daughters that made him a better leader and person. Michael and Katie also look at several male leaders they’ve identified in researching healthy and productive workplace cultures and share ways in which these guys lead “like a girl.” And leading effectively is especially important given the dismal state of employee engagement, with individuals and organizations suffering as a consequence of the current, predominant leadership practices.
In this webcast, you will learn:
- Why research is finding that women typically have superior leadership skills compared with their male counterparts.
- How historical cultures have produced a flawed mental model of effective leaders.
- A new mental model for effective leadership inspired by the contributions of female leaders.
- Examples of outstanding, accomplished male leaders who lead "like a girl."
- Actions leadership trainers can take to help any leader, irrespective of gender, become confident in leading to produce sustainable, superior performance.
Thursday, September 20, 2018, 10AM – 11AM PT: Learning Everywhere: Mobile Learning Goes Offline
With an increasingly mobile and dispersed workforce, companies are looking for ways to make sure all of their employees have what they need to be successful. In many cases, that means putting learning and performance support right into their hands. Unfortunately, traditional learning material is not typically mobile-friendly. Another challenge arises when those learning audiences aren’t connected to the Internet. Designing for and delivering to mobile devices can solve these challenges, both on and offline.
Join David Wentworth, Principal Analyst with Brandon Hall Group, and Danniel Angulo, Channel Account Executive at Docebo, as they discuss the role mobile devices play in learning, and how companies can leverage the opportunity they present to impact learners right at the moment of need.
Discussion topics include:
- Current state of mobile learning.
- Mobile learning use cases.
- Online vs. offline.
- Examples of mobile strategies.
Thursday, September 20, 10AM – 11AM PT: Master Class Series: Gauging Engagement: Using Feedback for NPS
There is no limit to what can be collected and measured to assess learner satisfaction and therefore engagement with courses. Using the Net Promoter Score methodology in conjunction with the feedback module in your LMS is an easy way to begin to collect both qualitative and quantitative feedback that is actionable.
This session will provide an overview of Net Promoter Score (NPS), how to design an effective NPS survey, how best to integrate it into your online courses, and how to leverage basic learning analytics.
In this session, you will be able to:
- Explain the concept of Net Promoter Score.
- Use the feedback module to add surveys to courses.
- Use Zoola Analytics to analyze and report on both the qualitative and quantitative feedback data.
Thursday, September 20, 2018, 11AM – 12PM PT: Attract the Right Talent for Your Next Job Opening (Free for ATD members)
Hiring the right learning professional starts with your job search. Don’t waste time with blanket job searches that incorporate hundreds of unqualified candidates. Get the inside scoop from a job bank professional on how to optimize your job description and recruitment efforts from the start.
In this webcast you will:
- Determine the right channels to promote your job opening.
- Get data on the best titles and calls to action.
- Learn what terms to avoid in your job and company descriptions.
Friday, September 21, 2018, 11AM – 12PM PT: Blended Learning: A Five Dimensional Puzzle (Free for ATD members)
Modern blended learning includes five elements: technology, design, people, place, and time. Learning happens perpetually. Our instructional designs, and the technology we use to deploy them, must support this reality.
Blended learning design involves a much more complex equation than the one we used for traditional face-to-face (or even online) training solutions. We now must integrate learners, content, instructional teams, and technology into every piece of the learning process. To complicate things further, our learners embark on personal learning pathways, engaging with the parts of the design they need to meet their goals.
During this session, Jennifer will share:
- The five pieces of the blended learning puzzle.
- Ways to ensure the right content is in the right place at the right time.
- How to support various personal learning pathways in a single program.
Monday, September 24, 2018, 10AM – 11AM PT: Building Your Talent Development Career (Free for ATD members)
Are you wondering how to grow your talent development career, but aren’t sure where to start? Perhaps you'd like to move into a position in the talent development field, but you're not sure how to accomplish that goal. Maybe you're wondering what skills you need to stay current or what you need to do to move into a management role in talent development. Or, you may be considering pursing a certificate or certification to boost your career. If any of those scenarios sound familiar, join us for this interactive webcast on building your talent development career.
By the end of this webcast, you will be able to:
- Describe the most common talent development career paths.
- Name the skills most in demand in today's TD job market.
- Identify ATD resources that can help you plan and grow your TD career.
- Describe several routes to reach your career goals.
Courtney Vital, CPLP, ATD's associate vice president of education and credentialing, and Holly Batts, associate director of ATD's Certification Institute, will be on hand to talk about building your talent development career with ATD's stackable credential learning paths.
Please be sure to submit a question for the presenters when you register for the webcast.
Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 9AM – 10AM PT: Understanding PowerPoint's New 3D Capabilities in Office 365 & How to Use Them for Storytelling
Windows 10’s Creative Update now supports 3D objects and you can put them into PowerPoint 365! This is a game changer! You can rotate them, animate them and move them around.
But some of the 3D objects you’ll find are pretty silly. Learn how to find, import, and use 3D objects to tell a meaningful story.
Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 10AM – 11AM PT: What Employees Crave: Aligning People, Process and Technology to Engage Employees
After conducting extensive research for his new book, Gregg Lederman, New York Times bestselling author and President of Employee Engagement at Reward Gateway, found that humans CRAVE three things to be motivated and engaged—respect for what they do, purpose in what they do, and strong relationships with their colleagues, managers, and companies.
However, most organizations still struggle to engage their workforces. According to Brandon Hall Group’s 2018 Employee Engagement Study, more than two-thirds of organizations (68%) indicate that most of their employees are not highly engaged. That is unfortunate, because having a highly engaged workforce drives organizational performance, customer satisfaction, and customer retention.
Join Lederman and Daria Friedman, Principal Analyst, Talent Acquisition and Engagement at Brandon Hall Group, for a session that highlights how to align people, process, and technology to give your employees what they CRAVE—to be engaged.
During this session you will:
- Learn what best-in-class organizations are doing to deliver engagement solutions that outperform their peers.
- See practical case studies on how strategic recognition increased engagement and helped a group of companies deliver engagement scores three times greater than the industry standard.
- Hear exclusive content from Gregg Lederman’s new book, CRAVE! You Can Enhance Employee Motivation in 10 Minutes by Friday.
Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 11AM – 12PM PT: Increase Sales Performance with Modern Learning: 5 Key Principles for Better Learning Content, Engagement, and Retention (Free for ATD members)
The modern learning practices sales organizations utilize now, compared to just five years ago, reflect exciting new opportunities to drive better performance at a lower cost, using powerful systems and technologies.
Join Mike Kunkle, founder of Transforming Sales Results, and Jake Miller, product marketing manager at Allego, to learn about five key principles of modern learning that organizations are putting into practice right now.
During this webcast you will learn how sales organizations across an array of industries today:
- Spread sales learning over time using short-form learning content and flipped classrooms powered by decentralized content creation and distribution.
- Take advantage of scientifically proven techniques for driving knowledge retention as well as best practices for ongoing coaching, practice, and role-play programs.
- Promote and track informal learning as well as drive better experiential learning throughout the course of everyday work.
- Make learning feel personalized using competency assessments, video coaching, and learning paths.
- Enlist subject matter experts, managers, and specialists in the learning content creation effort to drive agile content creation.
Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 12PM – 1PM PT: Utilizing Virtual Components in Corporate Development Programs
The webinar will focus on best practices for employing virtual simulations and case studies for the most effective use in distance learning situations. This session addresses specifics on the role of virtual offerings in corporate learning programs, and the process to customize the timing of virtual deliveries with company-specific requirements to align with the overall learning objectives across a geographically dispersed population.
Participants will leave the webinar with a better understanding of:
- The role of virtual components in learning programs.
- Trade-offs between virtual and in-residence programs.
- Methodology for customizing delivery options to meet client goals and objectives .
Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 9AM – 10AM PT: Five Must-Haves in an LMS to Get Mobile Learning Right
Got Mobile? Our corporate learners are on the go constantly, which means we need to make training opportunities accessible from a wide range of locations. Fortunately learning technology enables us to reach employees no matter where they work or travel.
Join Katrina Marie Baker to explore five ways a learning management system (LMS) can enable mobile learning.
- Make just in time training content available to on site and remote employees
- Use QR codes to efficiently track classroom and on the floor/on the job learning
- Enable travelers and sales representatives to access resources when wifi isn’t available
- Format content so it displays responsively on mobile devices (links to supplemental resources will be provided)
- Incorporate mobile learning into an employee’s overall blended learning experience
The session will include practical examples of mobile learning using Adobe Digital Learning Solutions Technologies.
Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 10AM – 11AM PT: Align People, Engage Technology: Align Technology, Engage People
- As technology for people processes becomes more refined, the need for more human skills also becomes more necessary: research shows a clear link between engagement and technology.
- Coaching and mentoring have never been more important, but companies are still struggling with how to get it done—how can software create a more human connection?
- Mobile technology, self-service, real-time alignment, and the impact on employee engagement.
Join iSolved’s CEO Dave Dawson and Brandon Hall Group’s Cliff Stevenson, as they incorporate the insights from the latest research as well as the newest technological advancements into a program showcasing what is needed with what is possible—right now.
- Best practices in employee engagement in 2018, backed by the most recent research in this area.
- The intersection of technology and humanity—how these two forces can stop being at odds and instead work together.
- The impact employee engagement has, not only on employee productivity, but also in many small ways that can add up to a lot more than ever suspected.
Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 11AM – 12PM PT: ATD Research: Lifelong Learning and Self-Directed Learning (Free for ATD members)
Online and mobile anywhere/anytime learning options put personalized content and self-directed development in the hands of individuals. But leveraging those capabilities to become a lifelong learner is an active choice. What are organizations doing to encourage self-directed and lifelong learning? In this webcast, the facilitators will discuss findings from ATD and the Institute for Corporate Productivity's latest research, which identified the practices that talent development functions at market-leading companies use to encourage lifelong learning, self-directed learning, and accountability.
Lifelong learning is the self-motivated, voluntary, ongoing pursuit of knowledge for personal or professional reasons. It may occur formally or informally, intentionally or incidentally.
Self-directed learning occurs when employees take control over their own learning by setting goals, deciding how they’ll learn (identifying appropriate content and resources and choosing their preferred learning methods), and evaluating their learning progress.
Thursday, September 27, 2018, 10AM – 11AM PT: Developing Tomorrow’s Managers
Leadership development is a huge focus for organizations, but these programs are typically geared toward developing executives. What are companies doing to make sure frontline managers are able to handle the unique challenges that role presents? How do we create and develop learning experiences that both meet the needs of today’s manager an also fits into their unique work flow?
Join David Wentworth, Principal Analyst with Brandon Hall Group, and Instructure as they look at strategies that leverage today’s technology to develop skills for managing tomorrow’s workforce.
Discussion topics include:
- Challenges/considerations for manager development.
- Facets of leadership development.
- Technology’s role.
- Examples of companies training managers.
Thursday, September 27, 2018, 10AM – 11AM PT: Finding Your Fit (Free for ATD members)
Many of us question whether we can find a position, career, and organization that we fit into. Does it really exist? What does it look like? How do I find it? In this webcast, the facilitators will take a look at the puzzle pieces that make up finding your fit. Reflecting on and knowing yourself is a big factor in this equation. What are your strengths, motivators, and values, and how do they determine your fit? Once you understand yourself better you can look for positions, careers, and organizations where you can contribute your best self. Please join us on a journey of self-discovery to help you make better decisions with your current and future opportunities.
By the end of the webcast, you will:
- Identify your strengths, motivators, and values.
- Discover three areas to evaluate with every position.
- Analyze your current position.
- Identify how to create fit in your current position or look for fit in a future position.
Thursday, September 27, 2018, 11AM – 12PM PT: How to Coach High-Performing Sales Talent
This webcast will teach three specific strategies of how sales managers can use sales coaching to retain and develop top talent.
Attendees of this webcast will learn the following coaching strategies that are designed to drive performance and bottom-line results:
- How to find out what really motivates top talent so you can maintain and grow their talent.
- How to leverage observational coaching with top talent as a teaching tool.
- How to turn top talent into tribal sales coaching leaders that are respected and sought out.
- How to ascertain if top sales talent want to become a sales leaders and more importantly whether they would be successful at it.
Thursday, September 27, 2018, 12PM – 1PM PT: The Circle Game: Creating Self-Service Career and Succession Plans for Self and Team
Whether a manager or practitioner or both, you know that the success of the business you’re part of is based on people. The biggest cost in your organization is also your employees and they are the biggest asset. When they’re chosen well, intentionally developed, and provided with career options, engagement soars. The business begins to fail if the wrong employees are chosen or the right employees are chosen but not developed.
Managing your team well requires you as manager to monitor and tune key aspects of their time in the business. At the same time, you’ll be managing your own career along the same paths. The road is never straight—there are many paths that can be taken.
In this webinar, you’ll learn to:
- Hire more effectively, leveraging Job Benchmarks.
- Create onboarding processes for every promotion, not just the first.
- Create a Career Map to help you plan your promotion and succession.
- Retain by engagement.
Friday, September 28, 2018, 11AM – 12PM PT: Get Known, Get Connected, Get Ahead: Personal Connection for Professional Results (Free for ATD members)
What do you need to get ahead? We live in a network economy—it’s all about who you know, who knows you, and what they know about you. In this webcast, The 11 Laws of Likability’s author Michelle Tillis Lederman explains the types of relationships you want and need, how to create positive mood memory, and how to ask for what you want. At the end of the day, it is the strength of your relationships that leads to your success.
In this webcast, you will learn:
- The correlation between relationships and promotion, hiring, and business results.
- The key relationship types that impact success.
- How to create positive mood memory and extend relationships.
- w to make an ask and ask for what you want.