Did you remember to spring forward? Spring may be trying to bloom, but that thrumming sound against the office window is probably rain. If you’re hanging out indoors these days, why not check out a free webinar or two?
Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: Using Gamification, Threaded Microlearning, and Measurement to Get from Learning to Performance!
In this session, noted research-to-practice expert Will Thalheimer of Work-Learning Research will explore the power of three learning methods to help learners transfer what they’ve learned to their jobs—gamification, threaded microlearning, and measurement. Joining him, Roni Floman of GamEffective will highlight these methods using real-world examples.
You won’t hear that today’s learners have the attention span of a goldfish, that training is dead, or that neuro-gamification is the future. Instead, the speakers will provide practical research-based ideas that you can utilize to energize your learning and support your employees in maximizing their on-the-job performance.
You’ll learn specifically how gamification can be performance-focused on real-world KPIs—above and beyond learning. You’ll see how learning can be augmented with threaded microlearning nuggets (both informational and task-oriented). You’ll see how improved learner feedback questions can focus on performance and create continuous cycles of improvement.
Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: Retention: Making Learning Stick
Organizations spend a lot of time, money and energy to create compelling, engaging learning; but in an event-driven learning environment, much of what is learned—up to 90 per cent—is forgotten in a matter of days. Without any follow-up or revisitation, very little learning gets retained. Organizations need to develop strategies to boost retention and keep leaners from falling down the forgetting curve.
Join David Wentworth, Principal Analyst with Brandon Hall Group, and Matt Bingham, VP of Product with Bridge, as they look at the challenges with retention and strategies for mitigating those challenges.
Discussion topics include:
- The forgetting curve.
- Challenges to traditional learning.
- Learning retention strategies.
- The role of mobile in retention.
- Examples of companies putting strategies into practice.
Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 11AM – 12PM PT: The Leadership Challenge: Making Extraordinary Things Happen in Organizations (Free for ATD members)
A good leader gets things done; a great leader aspires, inspires, and achieves more. The Leadership Challenge is about how leaders mobilize others to want to accomplish extraordinary things in organizations. It’s about the things leaders do to transform values into actions, vision into realities, and challenges into opportunities. It’s leadership that makes a positive difference in the workplace, creating a climate where collaboration and innovation drive remarkable results. Join bestselling co-author Barry Posner as he presents the latest data on the Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership (the framework for the Leadership Challenge) and the Leadership Practices Inventory.
As a result of participating in this webcast, you’ll learn:
- Leadership’s critical role in organizational health.
- Practical steps for organizations to include practical leadership development at all levels of an organization.
- The latest data and research presented in the upcoming book The Leadership Challenge, 6th edition.
Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: Create Mobile-Ready E-Learning in Minutes with Adobe Captivate (Free for ATD members)
Join this webcast for a practical demonstration in using Adobe Captivate to create fantastic mobile-ready e-learning programs. This is a hands-on, step-by-step webcast, intended for developers of all skill levels. You’ll learn how to use Adobe Captivate to create mobile-ready content either from your existing projects or from scratch. The presenter will demonstrate and explain the basic principles, and provide simple methods to help you jump-start mobile solutions in your organization.
Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: Effective Time Management Techniques to Teach Your Employees
In today’s complex world, we have more and more distractions and demands on our time, so it’s extremely important to master techniques of time management to make the most of a resource that is not renewable, never repeats, and is limited each day.
In this webinar the facilitators will provide effective time-management techniques for you and your employees:
- The truth about multi-tasking.
- Key techniques you can use and teach your employees to improve time management.
- How microlearning can aid in effectively managing time in the workplace.
Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: How Neuroscience Drives Performance
Every conversation is an opportunity to impact performance. This webinar will show you how to ensure every conversation is more productive, fosters greater commitment, and gets better results.
Rooted in the latest neuroscience, the Greenline methodology is simple to understand, easy to learn and instantly applicable. One conversation at a time.
- Identifying the difference between 'performance conversations' and conversations that actually drive performance.
- A practical understanding of brain science that explains why well-intended conversations often go wrong.
- Simple tools and principles based on brain science that provide the 'how to' in structuring and hosting more effective conversations.
Thursday, April 6, 2017, 10AM – 11PM PT: Women in Leadership – Let’s Move the Discussion Forward!
The time is now to reframe the discussion regarding women in leadership roles. We must prioritize this discussion within our organizations, and it begins by looking at the challenges and biases we have put in place. Gender equality has long been a challenge for organizations worldwide, and despite awareness efforts and education, a challenging environment still exists for women leaders in the workplace. Though interest in advancing women to C-level positions remains high, research finds that only 12 per cent of organizations have achieved gender parity in C-level roles. The number one barrier is the inadequate management of the leadership pipeline. A diverse leadership team is vital to an organization’s success, even though research shows there is limited female representation in the current state of most companies.
How do you move the discussion forward? Discussion topics include:
- What is the state of gender parity for women in leadership roles within organizations?
- Who’s getting it right and who isn’t?
- What social biases exist?
- How can we build awareness of key leadership qualities?
- What are the steps to creating the right discussion within your organization?
Register for this webinar and receive an exclusive promo code for $200 off registration for the Women in Leadership Summit 2017. For more information on the summit, visit www.brandonhall.com/WIL.
Thursday, April 6, 2017, 10:00AM – 11:00AM PT: What Are Employers Looking For? (Free for ATD members)
Do you ever wonder what hiring managers are looking for in talent development professionals? What skills should you be developing to be ready for the future? Be sure to join this webcast with four representatives from leading companies who will share their unique perspectives. You’ll learn what employers think about the:
- Skills that are the most valuable for today's talent development professionals.
- Qualifications that seem to be the hardest to find.
- Challenges they face in finding talent that is a good fit for their team.
- Types of skills and knowledge that they believe will be critical in the future.
- Characteristics that make candidates stand out from the crowd.
The session will include at least 20 minutes of open Q&A. To ensure the topics that most concern you are covered, please answer the brief questions that are posed during registration.
Thursday, April 6, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: Webinars with a Wow Factor: How to Pack a Punch in Online Training
Let your content shine and get your online audience engaged with our crash course on designing creative webinars. Follow Becky Pluth’s simple steps and your audiences will remember more of your content, and they’ll have more fun along the way. By the end of this session, you’ll feel confident you can add excitement to your very next webinar.
- Select three effective opening and closing strategies that work online.
- Explore four techniques for delivering interactive webinars.
- Evaluate engagement methods so you can see what works and what doesn’t right away.
- Discover strategies to hook ‘em and keep ‘em engaged every time.
Monday, April 10, 2017, 6:30PM – 7:30PM PT: 2016 State of Industry Report (Chinese) (Free for ATD members)
The State of the Industry report is ATD’s definitive review of training and development trends. In this webcast, Maria Ho, manager of ATD Research, will discuss learning benchmarking data from ATD’s 2016 State of the Industry report.
The webcast will explore trends in key learning metrics, including:
- Direct learning expenditure.
- The average number of training hours used by employees.
- The average cost per learning hour.
- What methods of training companies are using.
- Content areas that companies are focusing on.
Maria will also look at these key metrics for ATD’s 2016 BEST Award–winning organizations, which were recognized for their commitment to talent development.
Note: The State of the Industry is available at www.td.org/SOIR2016. However, you do not need to have read the report to follow and benefit from the webcast.
Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: From Silos to Healthy and Happy: How Adventist Health System Is Transforming Its Learning Culture
In this session, Adventist Health System’s Learning Officer, Dr. Hap Aziz, will share how Adventist is implementing a learning foundation to ensure compliance, simplify training, and drive their culture of first-class patient care.
You’ll discover best practices and lessons learned, gaining insights into how Adventist:
- Integrated its LMS platform with both a legacy and future-state HRIS.
- Achieved a transformation in its learning culture to support the same quality care across all 45 hospital campuses.
- Streamlined learning content and processes to drive efficiencies.
Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 10:00AM – 11:00AM PT: How to Leverage Your LMS Data to Make Better Business Decisions
Research from Bersin by Deloitte shows that while the demand for data analytics among corporate organizations is growing, only 4 per cent worldwide are actually using it. This is indicative of a major knowledge gap—organizations simply lack the skills, tools, and resources to leverage analytics to meet their needs.
Of the organizations that currently use analytics, the approach that’s most popular is reporting on data generated by a learning management system (LMS). The primary benefits these organizations receive from LMS reporting and analytics are the ability to prove business outcomes, identify the training factors that increase productivity and performance, provide better employee training, and make data-driven decisions on investment. This shows that there’s great potential for LMS reporting and analytics to alleviate many of the pains and challenges that organizations face. This presentation will demonstrate the benefits of LMS reporting and analytics, and how to ensure your LMS has the right reporting and analytics capabilities for your organization.
Attend the live webinar to learn:
- A high-level understanding of what learning analytics is.
- How you can leverage learning analytics with the data generated by your LMS.
- How to make sense of the LMS data in your hands with LMS reporting and analytics.
- How the analysis of your learning data can resolve your training challenges and empower you to make better business decisions.
Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 11AM – 12PM PT: 6 Secrets of High-Performing Managers (Free for ATD members)
This webcast will reveal the best kept secrets of high-performing managers; and highlight the simple success routines, everyday disrupters, and unconventional ways that these managers see themselves and approach their work; and share the best ways your managers can power change for your organization. Key questions that will be discussed include:
- Why does leading with purpose help make managers critical to change?
- What do high-performing managers do better than the rest?
- How can you transform your managers to promote change for your organization?
Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 12PM – 1PM PT: Measuring the Impact and ROI of Training
So you know the fundamentals of training evaluation. It's time to take it to another level. Never before has there been so much interest in demonstrating the impact and return on investment in training programs as there is today. In fact, according to ATD/ROI Institute research, impact data and the financial ROI are the number 1 and 2 types of data senior executives want to see.
During this webinar you’ll learn how to:
- Demonstrate the real impact of your program.
- Isolate the effects of your program.
- Convert data to money.
- Tabulate the fully-loaded costs of your program.
- Calculate the ROI.
Wednesday, April 12, 2017, 11AM – 12PM PT: How Does Mobile Reinforcement Maximize Your Learning Investment? (Free for ATD members)
With so much competing for our attention, 70 per cent of what we learn is forgotten within 24 hours, and 90 per cent within a week. So how do we reinforce training once it’s done? How do we increase knowledge retention, improve on-the-job performance, and maximize our return on investment? In this webcast, Shahin Sobhani, founder and president of SwissVBS, will examine how current learning approaches may be falling short and look at examples deployed with mobile reinforcement to boost retention, engagement, and on-the-job performance.
Wednesday, April 12, 2017, 12PM – 1PM PT: Amazing, Fantastic, Insightful Videos – Techniques Using Stories
A substantial number of videos move us. We become amazed. We empathize. At times we cry. In fact, we realize that we learn a lot and relate to the messages of these videos.
What makes a powerful and moving video? What are the elements? How do you plan it so that your content is learned with the emotional experience? In this webinar, you’ll gain insights on producing fantastic videos.
- Why do videos work in learning?
- What are the different elements that make a video truly moving?
- How do you find the right story for your content and make it the centrepiece of your video?
- How do you make shorter yet engaging videos with minimal cost?
Thursday, April 13, 2017, 9AM – 11AM PT: The Top 10 Questions to Ask in a 'Corporate YouTube' RFP
As video becomes more integral to how businesses train, communicate, and share expertise and information, now is the right time to consider how your organization manages its video. So what are the right questions to ask in a video platform RFP?
This webinar will examine 10 must-have inquiries in detail—including video storage and search to LMS integrations, live streaming and more—as well as the state of current technology and implications for future capabilities.
Thursday, April 13, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: Creating a Culture of Resilience
In a lively discussion moderated by Rachel Cooke, Bonnie St John will share case study examples of how real companies have created a 'culture of resilience.' As the pace of change accelerates, our organizations look to learning professionals not just to provide new skills and competencies, but also meta-competencies like resilience that help employees learn faster, absorb change better, and become nimbler.
Based on research from neuroscience, physiology, and positive psychology as well as her experience as an Olympic ski medalist, Bonnie provides a set of frameworks to parse resilience into 'micro' steps that make it easy, immediately applicable, and yield instant results.
Attendees will learn:
- How leaders can foster resilience with both formal, enterprise-wide policies as well as informal actions with smaller teams.
- The top three ways that leaders sabotage resilience and how to avoid them.
- How micro-resilience aligns with other 'change management' approaches.
Thursday, April 13, 2017, 12PM – 1PM PT: Branding Learning: A Red-Hot Strategy for Talent Development Professionals (Free for ATD members)
With branding, you can blaze a trail for learning in your organization that proves value, adds credibility, creates buzz, and garners support at all levels.
Competition for attention, time, and resources in organizations is stiff. With escalating demands on talent, building a compelling brand for learning is essential. Engaging staff, demonstrating value to the C-suite, and aligning the learning function’s brand to the organization’s brand are a must for all talent development professionals. To ensure continued support for investing in learning in these tough economic times, executives must trust that it is central to meeting the business needs of the organization. It’s up to each of us to communicate the learning function’s ability to create growth and better value for the business.
Through this webcast, you’ll add the following branding essentials to your portfolio:
- Tools to assess the learning function’s current brand in your organization.
- Processes to develop and implement an authentic brand for learning.
- Techniques guaranteed to create buzz around learning.
- Links to resources for honours, awards, and recognition to build and sustain a powerful brand.
Thursday, April 13, 2017, 8AM – 9AM PT: Change Behaviours and Improve Business: Helping Workforce Leaders Succeed with Training (Free for ATD members)
For professionals charged with learning and development projects, there’s nothing worse than realizing a course has brought little back to the organization after all that effort. This webcast details best practices for making a training effort deliver permanently changed behaviour and visible business results, including bringing workforce leaders into a partnership for success. When professionals use these tools and begin to show business impact, the process gets easier and attracts even more support, growing your organization's learning culture and gaining credibility and value for training professionals!
In the webcast, you’ll identify the failure points for a past training effort and decide how to prevent that loss in future training programs. You’ll learn how to partner with leaders to communicate the criticality of their involvement and increase the probability of success with specific steps.
Additionally, you’ll learn how to:
- Select a current training need and plan to meet it head on by following a simple model to ensure each critical element is achieved.
- Design learning elements to teach new behaviours so that they can be practised and applied on the job.
- Plan for people to continue using new behaviours on the job in partnership with their leaders.
You’ll also be given a job aid with the simple four-part model the webcast is based on. You can use this to better partner with others in your organization to make training show needed business results.
Monday, April 17, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: Win With What You’ve Got: Reframing the Leadership Mindset (Free for ATD members)
Imagine you’ve been tapped to lead a new project, initiative, or organizational change. You’ll need to lead others throughout this assignment. What does effective leadership look like in this situation? When the pressure is on and your reputation is on the line, what are you going to do to get results?
Historically, success for leaders in this situation has focused on strategies like taking orders, getting the best talent, and then telling that talent what to do. More and more, this traditional form of leadership isn’t fast enough to keep up with the rate of change and the evolution of tools and skills available to achieve results. Success in our emerging business environment will require a different leadership mindset.
This webcast will explain why traditional leadership is no longer aligned with today’s workforce, and how to reframe your leadership mindset to focus on the skills of creating safety, creating clarity, and driving improvement.
Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: Coaching Managers to Welcome (and Accept) Employee Feedback
The success of any company program lies with management, especially when it involves them. Managers need to buy into giving and receiving employee feedback. According to LinkedIn, managers who welcome employee feedback developed nearly 10 percent greater profitability. Yes, feedback improves the bottom line.
So, how do we get managers psyched about giving and getting feedback?
Join this practical conversation about managers and feedback and learn:
- Why managers need to embrace feedback.
- A model managers can use to deliver feedback (and encourage it from employees).
- The best times to solicit feedback from employees.
- How managers can turn feedback into results.
Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: Trends in Training and Learning Management (Free for ATD members)
Join this webcast for a lively conversation about the latest trends in training and development. Based on recent studies and research, the webcast will explore what people are doing in organizations around the world, and how organizations can achieve great results with modern learning programs.
The presenter will discuss the:
- Impetus behind creating and developing virtual universities.
- Growing demand to encourage learner immersion and ongoing engagement.
- Rise of mobile learning.
- Role of skill-based learning in business training.
- Use of gamification for learner engagement and motivation.
- Ongoing expectations of learners for video.
- Point-of-need learning and developments in social learning.
- Proving the value of your learning program through more relevant reporting.
Participants will leave this webcast with new ideas to refresh their programs and engage their audiences.
Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: Recognition During Onboarding: First Impressions Count!
It is a well-accepted fact that an engaged workforce drives organizational performance. But many organizations struggle to engage new recruits and face a big attrition risk during the first year of employment. As a result, onboarding and improving the new hire experience is a top priority, according to Brandon Hall Group research.
A key component to effective onboarding is recognition of new employees, starting with the moment they accept a job offer. This webinar will focus on Brandon Hall Group’s research on best practices for engaging new hires during pre-boarding and onboarding, examples of how to engage and recognize new hires during these early periods, and what’s important to talent during these processes.
Discussion topics include:
- Best practices for improving the new hire experience during pre-boarding and onboarding.
- Examples of how and when to recognize and engage new hires.
- The talent perspective on pre-boarding and onboarding practices.
Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 12PM – 1PM PT: Modern Learning is Perpetual Learning – How do We Become the 'Google' of Learning?
The term 'blended learning' isn't descriptive enough anymore. Especially when we consider that learning takes place perpetually—even when the training department isn't looking!
Perpetual learning takes into consideration that everything we do, in every waking moment, is, or can be, an opportunity to learn. Every time we read an article, click a link, or complete a task, we are learning something new or practicing/reinforcing a skill. Sometimes it is conscious, sometimes unconscious. But it is STILL LEARNING. All the time. Perpetually.
This discussion will focus on:
- Incorporating the shifting characteristics of modern learners into learning design.
- Designing learning campaigns that 'connect the dots' and consider what the learners bring to the table.
- Becoming a trusted adviser to our learners by providing pathways through collaborative, perpetual learning experiences.
- Building a relationship with learners that ensures they come to us (and the resources we provide in strategic learning hubs) first.
Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 10AM – 11:30AM PT: Best of DemoFest 2017: Award-Winning Learning in Action
This year at Learning Solutions Conference & Expo, dozens of conference participants will show off their unique learning projects at DemoFest, offering their fellow attendees the opportunity to see a wide variety of solutions to common learning challenges, and sharing information about the tools, technologies, and processes used to build them.
Meet several of this year’s winners , and learn about their award-winning projects in the following categories and get some great ideas to apply to your work!
- Best Alternative Solution
- Best Blended Learning Solution
- Best Business Process Solution
- Best Game-based Solution
- Best Mobile Solution
- Best Sales Training Solution
- Best Soft Skills Solution
- Best Video Solution
- Best of Show Vendor
- Best of Show Non-Vendor
Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: Link Engagement to Performance to Drive Results
Brandon Hall Group's 2016 Employee Engagement Study found that while making employee engagement a strategic priority is an excellent starting point, organizations that achieve the most success link engagement to performance. Organizations that did this performed significantly better in important areas such as revenue and customer satisfaction.
Join Max Meadow, VP of Strategic Engagement with Brandon Hall Group, as he as he discusses real-world experience, research, and case studies of how organizations are linking performance to engagement practices.
Discussion topics include:
- How learning, performance management, and recognition practices link to engagement.
- How HCM technology and user experience should play a role in engagement.
- How engagement is impacted by the link between culture and performance management.
Thursday, April 20, 2017, 7AM – 8AM PT: ATD 2017 Preview (Mexico) (Free for ATD members)
Please join the Association for Talent Development (ATD) and the ATD Member Network Mexico for this exclusive webcast to preview the ATD 2017 International Conference & Exhibition in Atlanta, Georgia, on May 21–24. ATD 2017 is the premier global event for talent development professionals.
This webcast will provide you with a recap of ATD’s 2017 TechKnowledge conference as well as information about ATD 2017, and will introduce you to the Mexican delegation.
Thursday, April 20, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: Listen Up! (Free for ATD members)
Everyone from senior organizational leaders to salespeople to spouses knows that listening is a key skill necessary for understanding issues, uncovering needs, and building successful relationships. But what does it really mean to listen well? How can we grow our listening 'muscle' rather than just talk about listening? How can we exercise that muscle so we notice more, understand more deeply, and engage with more curiosity?
Luckily for us, improvisers have answers to these questions. Improv is the listening gym. This session will:
- Test listening skills.
- Distinguish 'listening as a friend' from 'listening as a foe.'
- Define multidimensional listening.
- Explore listening as a relationship-building and problem-solving tool.
Friday, April 21, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: The Phenomenon of Dr. Google (Free for ATD members)
Googling symptoms has become commonplace, making it easy for people to self-diagnose. But using 'Dr. Google' as a go-to source for health and wellness information can be dangerous.
This webcast will show you to provide better continuity of care and become the source patients go to first. You’ll learn how to invest in better patient education and a simple but effective social media presence.
- Understand how to become the online resource for your patients’ needs.
- Learn how growing your professional social media presence will help direct current and potential patients to you.
- Transform your practice from reactive to proactive education.
- Increase patient experience, engagement, and satisfaction through a more interactive approach to care.
Monday, April 24, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: Performance Consulting: What Is It and Why Do It? (Free for ATD members)
Each year learning and HR solutions are implemented with minimal performance change or impact. This is because performance change requires the active involvement of management and the implementation of multiple solutions—single solutions rarely result in change.
Performance consulting is a process designed to achieve business results by maximizing the performance of people and organizations. But what do people who work as performance consultants actually do? How is this different from more traditional approaches? What benefits do the learning function and the organization realize because people work as performance consultants?
In this webcast, Dana Robinson and Chris Adams will answer these questions. As a result of participating you’ll be able to:
- Define performance consulting and why it is a strategic, not tactical, process.
- Describe the two components of the mental model used by performance consultants when they discuss requests for learning and other solutions.
- Ask powerful questions when responding to a solution request.
Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: 7 Coaching Strategies to Develop a Positive Workplace Culture and Training Success
This event featuring coaching thought leader Tim Hagen will cover very specific strategies associated with the art of building a positive workplace culture. Participants in this session will emerge understanding seven specific strategies and how training leaders and their managers can utilize these principles to foster greater trust, talent development, and employee retention:
- The number one mistake managers make on a daily basis that undermines the value of training in the workplace.
- How coaching can drive greater training value and workplace culture change.
- The number one fear managers have that develops struggling workplace cultures and what training departments can do about it.
- One simple thing managers can do to increase engagement and trust within a few seconds.
- How language and the use of specific words can increase engagement and trust.
- How nonverbal interactions can change workplace culture and develop greater teamwork.
...and much more.
Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: How to Build a Competency Model in Record Time! (Free for ATD members)
With the increased pace of change, fewer years on the job, employee desire for self-directed career development, and knowledge drain from retiring Baby Boomers, competency models are more critical for executing strategy than ever before.
Competency models identify what people in a particular role need to know and do so the organization can succeed and create a competitive advantage. They intrinsically motivate people by providing a road map for how to succeed in any position. You can’t take six to 12 months to build them, or they could be outdated on release. This webcast will show you an Agile methodology for building a competency model in weeks, in a way most likely to be embraced and made actionable. You’ll learn:
- Steps to create the competency model, along with templates to help you do it.
- How this process can help you protect the knowledge and best practices of those set to retire.
- How to make your competency models actionable and strategic.
Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: Learning’s Big Data Problem: Measuring and Analyzing Impact Part 2
Part 1 of this webinar discussed how organizations are hungrier than ever for more learning data and what to do with the data. The dialogue created many questions from the audience ranging from what data should be collected to setting up a meaningful measurement program.
This encore discussion will answer many of these questions and review the critical steps to creating and implementing a learning measurement program. Whether you attended the last webinar or not, you’ll find this webinar extremely helpful in evaluating what type of analytical approaches to use within your organization.
Discussion topics will be positioned within the framework of Brandon Hall Group’s Learning Measurement Impact Model. Regardless of where your organization falls on the spectrum of measurement sophistication, this webinar will help you better understand:
- Specific areas or categories to be analyzed within your learning department.
- The varying degrees of complexity within those categories.
- What type of analytical approaches should be used to deliver desired metrics.
- Data and technology considerations for setting the right metrics.
Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 12PM – 1PM PT: Snag ‘em, Bag ‘em and Tag ‘em: The Care and Feeding of SMEs
Subject Matter Experts CAN be the perfect addition to your training department IF you know how to select and prepare them for success. If the strategy in your organization is to “Wind’em up and let them go!” then this workshop is for you!
In this session you’ll learn to:
- Develop and implement criteria for SME selection.
- Craft a strategy for developing their role as adult instructors.
- Know when they are ready to go solo!
The first thing on the checklist when turning SMEs into trainers is selecting a viable candidate. Sharing a tried-and-true Training Clinic system, participants will review some core SME selection criteria and then make some additions to customize it to their organizational needs. Once selected, SMEs need to be trained in the ways of adult learning and facilitation. Examples are given of content and processes that must be taught to SME’s to help them transition into trainers.
Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 11AM – 12PM PT: The 10 Questions Learning Leaders Should Ask in a Video Platform RFP (Free for ATD members)
Video is becoming more integral to how businesses train, communicate, and share expertise and information. So, you’ve decided to update the wayyour organization manages its video. But do you know the right questions to ask in a video platform RFP?
This webcast will examine 10 must-have inquiries in detail—video storage, search, LMS integrations, and live streaming—as well as the state of current technology and implications for future capabilities.
Join this webcast to:
- Learn about the technical hurdles to supporting video in LMS, CMS, CRM, and other general-purpose content platforms.
- Identify 10 key questions to raise in conversations with video platform vendors.
- Recognize the direction of video technology development and its use in the workplace.
- Identify future opportunities for supporting learning initiatives.
Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 12PM – 1PM PT: Evolution of the Business Simulation: Collaboration Is Key
Team-based, experiential learning is a proven leadership development tool, never more so than in global corporations whose employees span time zones and cultures even as they are expected to operate within teams. Collaborative business 'sims,' effectively planned and executed, close gaps and bring team members together for the betterment of themselves as leaders and aid the organization in meeting its business objectives. This webinar covers the evolution of the business simulation and walks participants through a real-life success story. It also addresses nuances of customization versus 'off-the-shelf' programs and the ways companies are using this tool to address their 'real world' challenges and goals.
Thursday, April 27, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: 7 Ways to Virtualize Your Training
Does your LMS leave your employees dazed and confused? Are you struggling to capture the attention of your global employee base? Would you like your training to be more interactive and engaging?
Join this webinar to learn seven best practices for virtual learning, including how to:
- Provide a more intuitive, engaging training experience.
- Add social learning and virtual mentoring to your training arsenal.
- Use gamification to attract and motivate your learners.
Thursday, April 27, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: Optimizing Your Recruitment Marketing through Strategy, Process and Technology
Modern recruitment marketing strategies have resulted in improved candidate quality, new hire engagement, and time-to-hire for many organizations, according to Brandon Hall Group’s 2017 Recruitment Marketing Study. But some are not reaping those benefits because they are still in the developmental stage in their recruitment processes, or they have no recruitment marketing strategy at all.
How can organizations move the needle and improve their recruitment marketing practices? One example is sourcing—a majority of research respondents say they need they need sourcing tools (71 per cent), social recruiting tools (72 per cent), talent networks (64 per cent), and other resources.
Join Brandon Hall Group’s Daria Friedman, Principal Analyst for Talent Acquisition, and Talemetry’s Ian Alexander, VP of Marketing, and Stephen Schwander, Talemetry’s Director of Client Solutions, to get the latest research on recruitment marketing plus:
- A walk through Brandon Hall Group’s new recruitment marketing maturity model.
- Leading practices for recruitment marketing.
- The best metrics to use to assess progress.
- Technology solutions that propel recruitment marketing effectiveness.
- What technology buyers need from providers.
Thursday, April 27, 2017, 12PM – 1PM PT: 3 Essential Design Considerations for Effective eLearning Games
'Gamification' and 'Serious Learning Games' offer an intriguing promise: engaged learners working toward instructional goals in media-rich training modules. This is an irresistible goal for training departments that are accustomed to boring, content-driven page-turners that are so often rejected by learners. But success seems elusive as designers try and fail to duplicate the appeal of popular online games. The problem is designers strive for superficial elements found in many games while failing to incorporate the underlying elements that create the feel and enjoyment of games.
This webinar will dive down into three essential and accessible design principles at the root of most games and describe how these can be directly implemented into learning modules with all the appeal of successful games.
Examples will range from the simple to complex and should be of interest of designers of all levels of experience.
Get your game on in this fast-paced overview of essential elements of effective learning games!
Friday, April 28, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: 10 Animation Techniques That Actually Help Your Audience Understand and Remember Concepts
"Animation can be so annoying!"
"Animation can be so illuminating!"
Well, which is it?
In this webinar, you'll learn 10 animation techniques that actually help your audience understand and remember concepts, including two of the newest exciting features of PowerPoint, but most techniques will work in any version. Discover how to turn your concepts into animations that explain and illuminate.
You'll also discover which type of animation you should never use, because it will annoy your audience and maybe even give them a headache!
Friday, April 28, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: Mastering a Global Mindset (Free for ATD members)
Being successful in a global business environment demands that professionals broaden their mindset, even for those who don’t travel. Multinational workplaces require an amplified skill set to navigate across cultures with agility and to leverage the diversity of their teams, organizations, clients, and partners. Failing to unlock the competitive advantage of a multicultural workforce is synonymous with missed opportunities and mediocre performance.
This webcast focuses on five key steps to mastering a global mindset, including core intercultural business competencies like perspective taking, style flexing, behavioural adaptations, and leveraging curiosity to build trust across borders. It’s meant for professionals at any level who need to increase their own productivity and effectiveness on global projects or any interactions they have across cultures. You’ll:
- Deepen awareness of cultural values and how they influence the workplace.
- Commit to developing a global mindset and a repertoire of culturally appropriate and productive business strategies.
- Create a personal action plan for the next 30 days.