Regardless of your industry, workplace role, or interest in training, you’ve probably noticed something about the general pace of change: It’s getting faster. More than ever, we all need quick resources to keep us current—and in some cases give us the edge. One-hour webinars can be a great tool for staying in the game and even mastering it.
Monday, May 1, 2017, 8AM – 9AM PT: How to Crack the Code of Employee Disengagement and Increase Patient Satisfaction (Free for ATD members)
One of the best ways to drive clinical excellence, improve the patient experience and guarantee their return if they need care again is to ensure that your employees are engaged. How do you inspire healthcare employees to get off the sidelines and get into the game?
This webcast will share a proven four-step process to turn disengaged workers into a unified high-performing team, resulting in increased patient satisfaction, employee productivity, and retention, profits and government reimbursements. The process has been used by companies in eight different industries, and every organization realized a one-year increase in employee engagement between four and 11 points.
Attendees will leave this webcast with:
- A new perspective on employee disengagement and the number one reason employees don’t engage.
- Clarity on next steps and inspiration to achieve your goals.
Monday, May 1, 2017, 11AM – 12PAM PT: Designing for Memory (Free for ATD members)
When building something, it's helpful to know your constraints before you get started. For example, if a survey of your land finds that the lot lines aren't where you thought they were, you may need to change the location of the house you want to build. Finding this constraint out after you build will cause tremendous problems!
When building instruction, we may think the biggest constraints are not having enough resources, such as time or skills. But the constraint that we need to pay the most attention to is memory. The parts of our memory that are used during learning are easily overwhelmed. An overwhelmed memory has a difficult, if not impossible, time learning.
So, rather than ignore this powerful constraint and deal with problematic outcomes, we should understand it and design for memory constraints. In this webcast, the speaker will discuss:
- How and why memory is a constraint on learning.
- Why these constraints apply more in some circumstances than others.
- What these constraints mean for designing instruction.
- How to design with memory constraints in mind.
Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 8:30AM – 9:30AM PT: Experience a Superior LMS with Adobe Captivate Prime!
Join Dr. Allen Partridge for this overview of Adobe's Learning Management System, Adobe Captivate Prime. Learn how you can deliver engaging, personalized learning experiences across devices. Align your online and offline enterprise-wide learning initiatives to skill, upskill and reskill your employees. Boost enrolment, engagement and effectiveness with gamification elements and consistent playback across varied content types. And discover how Prime helps you stay informed about employee progress and the efficacy of training programs.
Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: 7 for 7: Increase Channel Sales 7x with Modern Learning
Channel managers are optimistic about 2017. Channel Insight polls indicate that 55 percent of channel managers expect double-digit growth through their partners, and 62 percent expect their channel sales to grow faster than their direct business. A well-trained channel is critical to growing sales; in fact, partners that take advantage of modern learning tools book as much as seven times the sales compared to those who do not.
This webinar will share proven partner training strategies for increasing channel sales. You’ll learn how to engage and increase the effectiveness of channel partners of all types—distributors, resellers and even customers—using modern learning solutions.
You’ll gain actionable insights on:
- How to leverage modern learning solutions to improve channel partner effectiveness.
- Seven steps to a successful partner learning system implementation—and how it can help you increase channel sales up to 7x.
- Real-world case studies from insurance, financial services and technology firms that have robust channel businesses.
Join this session to discover how modern learning can boost your channel sales.
Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: Communicating Effectively in the Workplace (Free for IPL members)
This webinar introduces important skills that enhance your ability to be an effective and proficient communicator.
There is no doubt that, in today’s business environment, communicating effectively is an essential professional skill—a skill that can affect an individual’s image and success as well as that of the organization. Effective communication encourages a healthy and productive environment by eliminating misunderstandings and unnecessary flare-ups.
This webinar introduces important skills that enhance your ability to be an effective and proficient communicator by showing you how to:
- Determine the best method of communication to fit the message being given.
- Craft the message to focus on the audience's needs.
- Use language that creates a positive tone.
Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 11AM – 12PM PT: Engaging Learners: How to Think Like a Marketer (Free for ATD members)
Think about all the times you have launched a new program, tool or initiative in your organization. All the hype, excitement, planning, preparation. The launch comes and goes, but then what? Getting the attention and, more important, time of employees is going to take more than a reminder email. You’ll need some marketing best practices and engaging, ongoing campaigns that support continuous learning.
Join this webcast for a conversation on engagement tactics and how you can adjust your approach and create a true learning culture where the workforce has a learning habit! You’ll learn:
- Why progressive learning leaders are including marketing in their technology implementations.
- Components crucial to successful enterprise learning transformation.
- Simple modifications you can make to increase tool adoption and usage.
Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 12PM – 1PM PT: Using Championship Memory Techniques to Make Learning Stick
In this age of instant information, does it matter if you or the people in your organization can’t recall information about your company and its products, services, customers, policies or procedures? Of course, it does! Every task or interaction we engage in depends on our ability to draw from our memory banks.
On the job, poor memory can effect credibility, reputation, advancement opportunities and sales, as well as flexibility and responsiveness to everyday situations.
In this session, you’ll experience a brain-training technique that memory athletes use to win competitions—and no, they’re not party tricks. By the end of this session, you'll also be able to describe:
- Four reasons we tend to forget things.
- Five elements that increase the chances that situations or information become imprinted in memory.
- Strategies that help learning stick.
Thursday, May 4, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: CPLP: What Is It and Why Is Now the Time? (Free for ATD subscribers)
Is the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) certification right for you, and is now the right time? The CPLP is a certification offered by the ATD Certification Institute for talent development professionals. When you earn the certification, you gain instant credibility among your peers and employers. Earning the CPLP certification can build and validate your skills, increase your earning potential, broaden your career and job opportunities, and connect you with an elite community of more than 2,000 certified professionals.
Join this webcast to learn what it takes to become CPLP certified. After attending, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the top three reasons why people pursue CPLP certification.
- Name the four major steps in the process.
- Decide if CPLP certification is right for you.
Take the next steps and get started!
Thursday, May 4, 2017, 11AM – 12PM PT: Spiff Up Your Next Sales/Marketing Presentation
Whether you’re reporting progress, leading a meeting or giving a sales pitch, your ability to present is measured in large part by how well you communicate. How you say it is just important as what you say! Becky Pike Pluth will share simple, creative methods to capture interest, lock in attention and communicate value clearly. You’ll learn techniques to capture attention, motivate people to action and build productive working relationships.
In this webinar, you’ll:
- Understand six types of business presentations—and dig deeper into the two that impact sales and marketing the most.
- Discover tactics to adapt presentations to different audiences.
- Inspire people to take action by using a hook, engagement techniques and an anchor.
Friday, May 5, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: Leading Successful Organizational Transformations (Free for ATD subscribers)
Based on personal experience leading the transformation of sales enablement at Cisco and driving top change initiatives for Cisco’s services business, the speaker, 2017 chairwoman of the ATD board of directors, will discuss what’s needed to lead successful transformation at the organizational level. During this webcast, participants will:
- Gather insights on why transformations are important to businesses and individuals.
- Learn what makes a transformation fail or succeed.
- Engage in discussion on how to prepare yourself and your organization for a successful transformation.
Monday, May 8, 2017, 11AM – 12PM PT: 6 Simple E-Learning Success Strategies (Free for ATD subscribers)
As instructional designers, we know the difference between presenting information and providing learning experiences. But we must often get the support of others for doing more, and that’s not always easy. Sometimes eyes glaze over as we attempt to explain all the steps necessary in creating effective instruction and getting adequate funding. So we want to be sure we aren’t making things more complicated than need be. This webcast presents six simplifying strategies to achieve powerful results, win greater support and make our work easier—all at the same time!
Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: Get Control of Attendance: Increase Turnout for Training! (Free for ATD members)
What good is training if no one attends? Many learning professionals are excellent trainers, but terrible promoters. In this webcast, you’ll discover innovative ways to increase audience size for e-learning courses, webinars and live events.
Discover eight critical success factors that will help you build excitement, drive participation and develop repeat users for your training programs, including:
- How to evolve traditional delivery silos, provide continuous learning, and free end users to learn anytime, anywhere.
- How to use the Google keyword tool and emotional hot spots to develop the right power words to blend into your training announcements.
- Ways to remove participation obstacles and create clear pathways to your programs.
Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: Using Gamification to Enhance the Learning Experience
Engaged learners are more likely to complete their training requirements in a timely manner and retain the information being conveyed. But how do you keep learners engaged in today’s multitasking work environment? Game-based learning offers an opportunity to get—and keep—learners engaged in your training initiatives.
This webcast will demonstrate how ON24’s virtual learning environment fosters an engaging learning experience. Best practices to be discussed include:
- Putting the user experience at the centre of your training program.
- Using gamification to capture and maintain a learner’s attention.
- How game-based learning augments existing learning programs.
Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 12PM – 1PM PT: Key Steps to Building a Sales Certification Program From the Ground Up (Free for ATD members)
A sales certification program is used to ensure that your team has the knowledge and skills to succeed. In today’s selling environment, sales reps have to be ready for complicated products, constant change, geographically dispersed teams and very fast growth. It is more important than ever to certify sales reps, and it can be difficult without the right framework, tools and internal communication. In this webcast, you will learn what is needed to design and implement a sales certification program and how to measure true effectiveness. Attendees of this webcast will learn:
- What it means to certify a sales rep and why it’s important.
- How to use sales certifications.
- How to develop a sales certification program.
- How to build internal champions to communicate and encourage adoption of a sales certification program.
- How to use video coaching and traditional training materials to help sales reps increase knowledge and develop skills.
- How to measure results from a sales certification program to determine the business impact.
- How to identify resources and solutions that can facilitate the sales certification program.
Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 12PM – 1PM PT: The Energy to Race: How Indy 500 Drivers Exemplify EQ
Like the famous drivers on the Indianapolis 500 track, we work in an environment that faces constant change, placing us “near death” as we are riddled by surprises from co-workers, supervisors, our staff and customers. Keeping our cool allows us to have the energy to win each of those “near death” battles, much like the drivers.
Join Lou Russell to learn:
- Why emotions are actually a safety feature.
- How you can leverage your emotions for success.
- Identify your emotional “warning signs” to keep them from putting you in the wall.
Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: Beyond Video: Why Every Learning Organization Needs a "Knowledge Hosting" Strategy
With video on the rise for online learning in organizations, it's time to ask the question: "Is my approach to video learning really up to snuff"? Emmy-winning TV producer Michael Kolowich will take you beyond video and into the world of "Knowledge Hosting"—a whole new way of looking at how we create, host, share, organize and measure the impact of learning media. This is your opportunity to pick the brain of a true pioneer in online media.
What you'll learn:
- What "knowledge hosting" is, and why it matters.
- How to easily harvest the learning content that surrounds you.
- How to create fresh learning content in minutes and hours, not days and weeks.
- How to organize learning assets into engaging self-service collections.
- How to measure the performance of your learning content—and the people who view it.
- Critical criteria for sizing up a modern media platform for learning.
Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: 7 Best Practices for Your Moodle RFP
The request-for-proposal (RFP) process can be time-consuming, but can also yield meaningful results. In your search for the Moodle LMS, a targeted RFP can identify the candidates that best address your organization’s exact needs and wants—if the questions and structure are correctly tailored to solicit the right information. This webinar will cover the need-to-know tips for writing a Moodle LMS RFP, and provide templated elements from which to work from.
Register for this webinar to learn more about the following key elements to a successful Moodle RFP:
- Designing an LMS RFP to meet your technical project requirements.
- Compatibility and standards requirements for the most popular Moodle plugins.
- Hosting requirements for a secure cloud hosting environment.
- Implementation tips from leading organizations including: YMCA, Kodak Alaris & Rutgers University.
- Frequently asked questions from leading companies that have successfully deployed a Moodle LMS.
Thursday, May 11, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: 5 Reasons to Rethink the LMS
There’s no question that the LMS has become synonymous with corporate learning across small and large companies alike, and organizations are entrenched in it. But the reality is that many corporate learning management systems remain slow, hard to use, and fall short when it comes to improving employee capability and on-the-job behaviours that impact business objectives. There’s a lot of “wasted learning” taking place and it’s costing organizations millions of dollars every year.
This webinar will discuss:
- The state of the LMS in corporate learning.
- Five major limitations of the LMS.
- How leading organizations are overcoming these limitations and driving business impact.
Thursday, May 11, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: APTD or CPLP? (Free for ATD members)
If you think you’d like to pursue a certification in the talent development field, but you’re not sure which one is right for you, join this webcast. It will cover the basics about ATD’s newest certification: the Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) as well as its premier certification: the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP). Both Jennifer Naughton, the senior director of credentialing at ATD CI, who oversees ATD’s Competency Model research and the CPLP certification program, and Holly Batts, the senior project manager developing the APTD, will be on hand to answer your questions and compare and contrast the two credentials.
This webcast will include:
- An overview of the APTD program, including the topics covered and a description of the process.
- An overview of the CPLP program, including the competencies covered and a description of the process.
- A comparison of the two credentials.
- Time for Q&A with the presenters.
By the end of the webcast, you’ll be able to make an informed decision about which program is right for you.
Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: Creating Training For The Digital Age – Increase Engagement, Retention, Excitement and Applicability Using Business Simulations and Gamification
Learn, apply and update yourself! Create applied training for the digital age. Business Simulations and Gamification used to be tools reserved only for the top Fortune 500 companies. This is no longer the case.
In this webinar, you’ll learn how to effectively use these valuable tools within corporate training and development.
- Explore business simulations for T&D. Example: Are they always computer based?
- Save time and money with tips on choosing the right type of business simulation—or maybe learn that you don’t need one.
- Review trends, tips and tricks. Example: There's a big trend away from full custom solutions.
- Gain access to resources to help you make the right decision for your company.
This session will review the most commonly asked questions and updates about using a business simulation and gamification within corporate training and development.
Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: Push or Pull: Making Training Work for Your Organization
Does your organization struggle to find a balance between mandatory and elective training?
In this webinar, Dean Pichee will discuss the challenges and benefits of both types of training and discuss how to find the balance you’ve been trying to achieve.
He’ll provide real examples of what has worked for companies in the past and recommendations to help your organization succeed in the future.
Key learning objectives:
- Current trends in employee training.
- The benefits of mandatory and elective training.
- The importance of post-training reinforcement.
- Gamification techniques.
Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: Getting Performance from Performance Management
Changes in the annual review process and eliminating ratings are getting a lot of attention lately. But organizations are exploring other ways of improving performance management, with interesting results.
This webinar will discuss:
- What the most successful people-focused performance management strategies look like.
- What areas of the performance management process are being changed and why.
- What results are being achieved by companies who are embarking on these changes.
Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: Improving Your LMS User Experience and Branding
The user experience of your learning management system directly affects learner engagement. Often, LMS branding efforts prove detrimental to the usability of the entire system, and even slow down learner progress and overall learning and training success.
Branding your LMS is more than just consistent theming—it is also the application of intuitive and functional design principles that work to both make your users comfortable throughout their learning experience, while shaping and enforcing your organization’s culture. Inspire your learners, drive your instructors and trainers to innovate, and ensure a user experience like no other.
Register for this webinar to learn about:
- How the capabilities of your LMS theme can increase user experience and learning performance.
- Tips and best practices for branding an LMS.
- Which LMS features will best support your branding process.
- How to use these features (in a live demo!)
Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 12PM – 1PM PT: Creating Micro-Learning Tools: Flashcards, Micro-Actions, Instant Maps, Sample Rules Support
Micro-Learning lessons possess unique features to that ensure faster and easier learning at the least cost possible. Unfortunately, most designers and developers are accustomed to delivering “content centric” instead of “instant usefulness centric” lessons. The “instant usefulness centric” approach is lightweight, portable and rapidly accessible for within-the-workflow problem solving and improvements.
In this webinar, you’ll learn how to construct essential Micro-Learning Tools including: Flashcards, Micro-Actions, Instant Maps and Sample Rules Support.
- Where are the opportunities in work that demand Micro-Learning (ML) Tools?
- What are the few but essential techniques and advance methods of ML Tools usage?
- How are Flashcards, Micro-Actions, Instant Maps and Sample Rules Support created?
- How can authoring tools and LMSs or support use Micro-Learning Tools?
- Preview demos and templates on designing and developing Micro-Tools.
Thursday, May 18, 2017, 2PM – 3PM PT: Research Spotlight: The Ever-Changing 2017 State of Talent Acquisition
Be among the first to hear about the findings from Brandon Hall Group’s soon-to-be-released 2017 State of Talent Acquisition Practices survey. While there are some organizations still floundering with their talent acquisition practices, others are achieving success in terms of quality hires and overall business performance.
Join Daria Friedman, Principal Analyst for Talent Acquisition, as she discusses the state of the talent acquisition landscape; the maturity levels for the three different components of talent acquisition—sourcing/recruiting, evaluating/interviewing, and onboarding—and the impact of talent acquisition practices on the organization.
The discussion covers these topics:
- Key findings from the Brandon Hall Group 2017 State of Talent Acquisition Practices.
- Best practices for the three main components of talent acquisition.
- Key elements that need to receive more attention from organizations.
Friday, May 19, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: Change Happens: Leading Yourself and Others Through Change (Free for ATD members)
Change brings both challenges and opportunities. It can bring an organization together by uniting the team around a unifying purpose and vision, or it can create chaos. In this webcast, Mack and Ria Story will cover key leadership principles on leading and leveraging changes in organizations, communicating change and overcoming resistance to it, and implementing a strategy to unite the team around a unifying purpose.
After attending this webcast, attendees will be able to:
- Identify opportunities presented by organizational change.
- Identify two methods for communicating change to decrease resistance to change.
- Implement a strategy to unite the team around a unifying purpose.
Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: Extended Enterprise Learning: Creating a Big Impact on the Bottom Line
To win in today’s fast-paced economy, organizations are becoming increasingly dependent on a wide network of global stakeholders to grow their bottom line and achieve their goals. If you’re not extending training beyond your employees to business partners, suppliers, resellers and customers, you are missing a major opportunity to achieve even better business performance, including increased sales and improved customer relationships and retention.
An extended learning strategy that empowers your external audiences with knowledge and information can deliver tangible, business-changing results and contribute to achieving your organization’s key strategic goals.
This webinar will discuss:
- Using learning to improve the sales channel by reaching sales teams, resellers, franchisees and customers.
- Identifying opportunities to reduce costs and generate revenue.
- Ways to leverage extended learning to increase market awareness and product adoption.
- How extended learning can lower costs and increase productivity by reducing and recouping the cost of a traditional learning program.
Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 12PM – 1PM PT: How Sally Beauty is Using Technology to Move the Needle on Employee Engagement (and Retention, Recruitment, and more…)
Sally Beauty Holdings (SBH) has over 5,000 stores in 13 countries. 2016 annual consolidated sales of over $3.9B make SBH one of the largest retailers of specialty beauty products in the world. With this footprint come many of the issues that retailers struggle with—recruitment, employee engagement and retention. In spite of these challenges, SBH has a 13-year history of sales growth every year. While they are clearly managing the business the right way, the question is—how can they do it better?
In this session, Sally Beauty’s Director, Learning & Development, Yvette Birlew, will share how SBH has implemented a cloud-based Learning system that supports key business initiatives. In addition, SBH’s Systems Integrator will have Jim Everidge, President/CEO, share how rapidLD has positioned this “beachhead” technology to support human capital initiatives going forward.
You’ll discover best practices and lessons learned, gaining insights into how SBH and rapidLD:
- Clearly see the employee development challenges in the context of the business and business initiatives.
- Share a vision of how this technology will support growth initiatives in 2017 and beyond.
- Describe how their learning system can be expanded to better engage with the employee.
Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 9AM – 10AM PT: The Why, What & How of Agile Performance
Today’s modern complex workforce and the current state of technology require a performance management process that enables employees to quickly communicate and adjust to changing business needs. With dissatisfaction at an all-time high, agile performance management is gaining attention for transforming performance management into a more agile, dynamic process.
But how do you make this transformation?
This webinar will cover the why, what and how of agile performance management.
- Why traditional performance management does not drive business outcomes.
- What agile performance can deliver beyond traditional performance management.
- How to implement agile performance within an organizational culture.
This webinar will also include a demonstration of an agile performance solution that can be leveraged to create a culture of feedback, align employees to organizational goals using expectations, and complete check-ins to make sure employees are on track to drive organizational outcomes.
Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 10AM – 11AM PT: 5 Steps for Data-Driven Learning
Data-driven learning is the key factor in optimizing learning and training programs for learner success. By gaining a more holistic view of how learners engage in their online programs, organizations can get a better picture of how effective their learning programs really are. With this information, measurable improvements can be made across learning and training initiatives. Your organization can achieve a deeper understanding of the usage, effectiveness and success of their programs, and how they directly impact learning performance.
Register for this webinar to learn:
- How to make analytics part of the fabric of daily operations.
- Robust reporting and analytics solutions.
- How to establish shared goals throughout your department hierarchy.
- How to ensure continuous training and coaching of core analytics skills.
- How to track the right metrics and make data-driven decisions.
Tuesday, May 31, 2017, 11AM–12PM PT: The First 2 Weeks and the Last 2 Weeks: 7 Ideas for Using Video for Onboarding and Offboarding
For learning and development teams, these are the most important weeks of any employee’s tenure:
- The first two, when knowledge transfer is critical for getting new hires up to speed.
- The last two, when it’s imperative to preserve a departing employee’s institutional knowledge.
Increasingly, organizations are using technology to usher employees through these key weeks. In this webcast, we’ll explore seven examples of how video can be used in these initiatives, along with the specifics of how your team can implement similar capabilities. You’ll:
- Identify trends in how organizations are supporting onboarding programs with video.
- Identify trends in how organizations are using video to scale knowledge management and capture more institutional expertise with departing employees.
- Learn how video can be implemented or facilitated to enable its use as part of formal onboarding and offboarding programs.